Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Better Template Maintenance and Better template defaults

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cobaltit, Feb 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cobaltit

cobaltit Well-Known Member

Hey 3CX,

Could you dedicate someone to maintaining the templates please?

Making some custom templates for customer because of ghost call complaints. In the base yealink.ph.xml template there are still blocks referencing the old sip proxy manager ({IF network=REMOTESPM}) and account.1.sip_trust_ctrl is left at the default (0) instead of being set to 1 and features.direct_ip_call_enable is set to 1 (default) instead of 0 as recommended by Yealink to stop ghost calls.

In the T4x template (yealinkT4x.ph.xml) you have features.direct_ip_call_enable set to 0 which is good but then you have the v73 syntax account.1.sip_trust_ctrl = 1 but the V80 syntax sip.trust_ctrl is left unset which defaults to 0 instead of the recommended 1. Considering the supported firmware for T4X phones is v82 the v73 syntax shouldn't even be in there.

These are just the discrepancies I came across for this request but I'm sure there are others in the 3CX provided templates. Others feel free to post any issues they've come across.

PS. This is with the templates as of v15.5 Update 3
    PPS. Yes I know that a proper edge device would stop ghost calls but unfortunately these remote phones are in a network outside of my control so I'm stuck with whatever edge device Mr. Slim is giving his DSL customers these days.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 cobaltit, Feb 10, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
    accentlogic, 3CXDude and craigreilly like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.