• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Implemented Better UI for BLFs - Queued for Development

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbryant84

Platinum Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Right now the blf ui is very plain, and can be cumbersome. If you miss one or have a duplicate you have to start from the point you screwed up and roll your changes out all the way down. It would be great if there was an option to insert or delete rows, and line numbers would be nice too, even if it was every 10.

Upvote 115
+10 From us too, doing anything more than a few extensions is killer or you do templates and those change with each release. I know with as many phones as you support things like pictures are hard, but anything specifically with master templates for BLF is much appreciated.

If I have a recommendation it would be to design a framework that allows the manufacturers or others like us to do the leg work for things like pictures and notation of where the sidecar extensions start, etc.

I would expect an "exchange" of sorts where we can see the work of others with the ability to rate and the like would be straightforward for even the community to help build.

Love the current progress with settings within 3cx, this is one of the weakest parts of 3cx and it is great to see progress.

Keep it up.

This is an area that has our attention and once we have our SP1 out of the way we will be able to focus on a major update in regards to easier, more centralized and more configurable IP Phone configuration
It's been over 12 years, and this feature of copying BLFs still hasn't been added?

We can add copying BLF from another extension ?
Copying BLF by selecting one or all to another extension would be a Great Start!
Insert BLF, Move UP/Down for existing BLF, Delete BLF line would be a HUGE HELP!

So far the only change implemented is number markers next to the BLFs. That's a start, but copying from another ext and adding/moving BLFs would be enormous time savers.

+1

So important. Now I have created 50 extensions, each one with 50 BLF buttons. Manually I neede to create 2500 BLF's. Long time ....

it would be nice if you could toggle a few of these as well, like the in queue / out of queue. Status could be handy too, but way less important.

Any progress? it could be one of the best update features for 3CX.
Its takes now lots of time, we have to do 87 Extension now and that x10/20 BLF keys.

It doesnt need programming on Phones or anything, just an adjustment in you management interface.

Reactions: craigreilly
I think that this should be something by which we create layout templates. Layout Templates would then be assigned to groups. This way when you are having to configure multiple phones (IE multiple Receptionists) you dont have to re-create the layout.

Of course when initially setting up the phone you can Shift Select extensions and setup BLF's however 2 months later a new receptionist or a new phone needing similar settings will need to start from scratch.

Shoretel/cisco/freepbx has layout templates.

Can we have an update on this, we have two sites with 160 extensions between them, a very tedious process and a big turnoff for my staff who have to do the setup.... their biggest complaint is the lack of 3CX BLF configuration ease. Not to mention the extra cost to the client for the time it takes.

Thanks
Allen

Reactions: craigreilly
+13, just to carry the theme on. This is a big deal on the backend. Likely need the call-in conferencing feature to be complimented first, but this would save us the most time and be used far more often.

3CX please an update in this, im doing 2/3 hours work now. That can be done in 10/15 mins because the lack of this option.

+100000 Yes please, being able to remove or insert lines would help massively! We are forever having to re-write BLF layouts if an extension is removed or an extension is added and has to be in between existing BLFs.

+100000 Yes please, being able to remove or insert lines would help massively! We are forever having to re-write BLF layouts if an extension is removed or an extension is added and has to be in between existing BLFs.

+1
This is ridiculous. I can import a list of DIDs, why can't I import a list of BLF?
I just did a huge directory on a Yealink expansion module, only to realize I missed 1 person in letter B. FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't remember if I've bumped this before - I have elsewhere.

+1

This should have been implemented from the start - it's trivial to code into the management interface.

+10

While you guys are looking at BLF, it would also be nice to be able to assign an extension from bridged PBX.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itguys04
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.