• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Implemented Better UI for BLFs - Queued for Development

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbryant84

Platinum Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Right now the blf ui is very plain, and can be cumbersome. If you miss one or have a duplicate you have to start from the point you screwed up and roll your changes out all the way down. It would be great if there was an option to insert or delete rows, and line numbers would be nice too, even if it was every 10.

Upvote 115
We need other options for the BLF. Prefix is a prime example. Assign a prefix key with *9. Hit the key and the user blf and you intercom. Same with direct to voicemail.

We had that 20+ years ago on old ATT partner systems.

We currently have to leave 2 blank BLF and adding this per phone. Pain in the.

Looks like this was a work in progress over a year ago prior to SP1. What happened to it? This is still a massive time sink, unless I'm missing something.

It's still listed as queued for development. The only progress that's been made as far as I can tell is the BLFs have numbers next to them. This is nice, but there's still a long way to go.

Reactions: wtrbhe
Here's a really stupid work around I put together for the time being. It basically uses the equivalent of autohotkey or macros to enter the appropriate key presses to enter the BLF's. It's best if you have a separate computer to run this on as it will tie up your system while it's running.

I guess I can't attach this file type so I dropped it in pastebin, https://pastebin.com/rAcdHWU7
Just copy the code, paste it in notepad or something like that and change the file extension to pmc. You also need the program to run it, it's free'ish?. It's called pulover's macro creator. https://www.macrocreator.com/download/

I didn't find anything strange in the program or the installer but I make no promises. Anyway open your file in macro creator, line your cursor up on the first BLF field and run your script.

You might want to edit the file first unless you have exactly the same extensions I do, guessing probably not. Just change the Numpad# entries to your extensions.

This will populate the first 10 or however many fields there are by default on the BLF page then add another 10 or so then populate those. You should be able to expand it to however many BLF's you have or reduce it if need be.

Once it's finished it just stops, it doesn't hit OK or anything so you can review what it did. You can test it on a blank BLF page just to see how it works before you start using it. Be careful of starting this in the wrong window or anything like that. There's a lot of tab presses and things like that, if you run it on the wrong web page or some other program there's no telling what it could do and it can be tricky to stop. Again I make no promises or guarantees, use at your own risk.

Anyway like I said this is a pretty stupid solution but I can do other things while this runs. It's not fast in fact I can do it faster by hand but I had to slow it to this speed to get about 95% success out of it. The amount of time it takes for the extension number field to populate seems to vary quite a bit, at least when you are talking about milliseconds. Hope this helps somebody, have fun.

Thanks
Bronston

+1000

+ 1000 especially for templates and BLF layout map per phone type

I agree 100%, the management of BLF is simply absent. Any addition to this level will be appreciated.

After migrating a few more sites and finding this to be a bigger and more problematic challenge, I've finally started managing the BLF buttons in the template.
I copy the base template, copy and paste the contents to a real text editor like notepad++ or my preference pspad and make the changes manually and paste it back to my new per site template. I've found this solves a number of other issues as well like distinctive ringtones and handling multicast paging.
It also allows you to change your BLF settings in one place, re-provision your phones, and be done with it. Say if a user was added or changed.
It also provides an avenue to rectify some shared parking annoyances I've found. In the template you can assign a different name to sp** so you don't have users seeing sp10 or whichever as their first option unlike in the web interface.

I'd like to vote down the 'copy' method in favor of an individual BLF config page

For example
create new BLF set, configure all the desired BLFs there.
Go to extension, in BLFs select the set. done.

Now, if you change the set, ALL phones will automatically get these changes in an efficient manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammad.k
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.