• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

BFL as Function or Speed Dial?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB-Dustin

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked already.. But is it possible to set BFL buttons as Speed Dials or Functions?

I see in 3CX that I can set BFL to extentions or parked extentions..

But is it possible to set them as functions?

My users are coming from a toshiba push button system.
I have YeaLink T26p phones which have 10BFL buttons down the side. I was hopeing to beable to set one of them as a shortcut for *9 (paging) so that my users could push "Page" and dial the extention they want to page.

Is this possible? I cant seam to find any advanced settings for BFL aside from the dropdown list of set extentions..

Any help would be great..

Thank you!!

Figured it out.. Ill post the steps so everyone else does not have to deal with the pain lol.. :D

- Scenario this applies for -
I wanted to add 3-4 *functions* to the bottom 3-4 BFL buttons on all phones system wide.

** This will apply setting to all phones after resets..

open the master template for the model of phone you want to make the change to.. In my case Yealink T26
I wanted to set the 9th button down on my phone to "*9" prefix to do paging.. the template calls this button "memory9"
the default value for memory9 is
[memory9]
path=/config/vpPhone/vpPhone.ini
{IF blf9}
Line = %%Line%%
type = %%type%%
Value = %%blf9%%
DKtype = %%DKtype%%
PickupValue = %%PickupValue%%
{ELSE}
type=NA
{ENDIF}

I changed it to the following
*please note this might break the ability to use 3cx to assign button9 from the BTL dropdown list so backup this file before making any changes.
[memory9]
path=/config/vpPhone/vpPhone.ini
Line =
type =
Value = *9
DKtype = 40
PickupValue =

Now there is a known bug apparently with yealink phones and 3cx so this next part is a pain for existing extension/phone associations.

I opened my extension (101) and unset my phone and cleared out the mac address. saved and applied.

Went back to my phone and did a factory reset on it (my phones are set to use option 66)

Waited for the phone to finish booting backup and went back to 3cx and re-assigned my extension to my phone (make sure not to set anything for BFL 9) and rebooted the phone one more time after it rebooted from the config change to make sure everything was cleared up.

Pressed BFL 9 and the phone applied *9 as a prefix and I could now dial the extension I wanted to page.

*Note the Light on button 9 seams to never light up this is expected..

You should really save the modified template with a new name and then modify that template. This way when 3CX issues a template update to correspond to the next firmware upgrade from the phone vendor, changes will be easier to manage.

Use Notepad++ or your favourite text editor for the task as the Management Console editor is rudimentary.

The templates are stored on XP/2003 in:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\3CX\Data\Http\Templates\phones

OH! THANKS! Didnt know that.

Does this get around the issue of having to re-assign the extension to the phone and doing the phone resets?

Also How do I properly tell 3cx to push the "modified copy" of the config to all phones instead of the default one?

Thanks so much!

KB-Dustin said:
Does this get around the issue of having to re-assign the extension to the phone and doing the phone resets?

Also How do I properly tell 3cx to push the "modified copy" of the config to all phones instead of the default one?

Thanks so much!

If you reconfigure all the phones for each person to use the same extension, then this should be a one off change and then management will be greatly simplified.

When editing the template, change the <NAME> parameter to say "Custom SPA504". Once you save the new templates, they should show up in the provisioning tab and you can assign them to the extension. Then reprovision the phone to pickup the changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.