Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Binding 3CX to specific Interfaces NICs

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by zensoftware, Dec 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zensoftware

zensoftware New Member

We are coming across situations where customers are using more than one NIC in the windows server running 3CX. Is it possible to bind the 3CX Application to only answer calls and make calls on one of the NIC cards?

You also may want to restrict external SIP calls to use a specific nic and IP gateway but that is not necessarily the same gateway and nic that other application on the server use. (dedicated NIC for VOIP).

Thanks

Neil

2. Pentangle

Pentangle Member

Hi Neil,

This is purely a function of Windows and routing external to 3CX, as 3CX isn't a protocol in itself but runs over TCP/IP.

If you let me know what you need I can probably point you in the right direction.

Cheers,
    Mike.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Henk

Henk Member

That is been outstanding since version 3, it is a common asked questions. I am not sure if it is possible in the latest versions (have not used or played with it). The problem was that 3CX uses all IP addresses on the box, I hope they fixed that.

Alternative way is use Fully Qualified Server Names, but all your equipment needs to support DNS and that is not always the case.

From external to internal and how that is routed is depending on your EDGE router so you can route the traffic over a seperate network/subnet. This can be done by either keep a complete seperate network and 2 3CX boxes talking to each other. You use them as a "NAT" allowing each box to deal with their own type traffic.
    Alternative is one box, but at some stage both "networks" need to bind on the same box.

I think I know where you are heading, have one NIC answering all internal and one NIC answering all External so you can avoide some congestion issues I guess. But that is a lot of complexity your not really need.

Like Mike stated,

TCP/IP is pure network routing so you can use the standard network routing toys (message)
    3CX only routes the VoIP using TCP/IP (the content of the message)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.