Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Bitrix24 CRM and 3cx integration

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by computatech, Nov 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. computatech

We used to use the deskside integration which populated the bitrix24 CRM with inbound/outbound/missed calls etc

3cx no longer support the deskside integration of Bitrix24 so isn’t recording inbound/missed/outbound calls

The server-side integration only semi works with 3cx web client from what I can see, you have to be logged onto the 3cx web client page at the time of the incoming call and the contact needs to be in your Bitrix24 contacts list, this means when I’m using PC at the time of the incoming call I need to manually go to chrome and then select the tab with 3cx web client and then click on the contact link tab for the Bitrix24 contact for it to popup. If it’s call from a number that isn't in Bitrix24 contacts then nothing happens and no link.

From what I can see 3cx have taken a step backwards, the deskside integration was able to log inbound/outbound/missed and now does pretty much nothing, pretty pointless?

2. Andreas Paradisiotis

Client Side integration with Bitrix24 still supports inbound/missed/outbound calls

For Server side Bitrix24 you describe how it's expected to work

For any more ideas for Client side / Server side feel free to post your ideas here

3. computatech

"Client Side integration with Bitrix24 still supports inbound/missed/outbound calls"

can I have the intrusions for the client side integration as these have been removed from 3cx website

#3 computatech, Nov 7, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  4. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Yes because it was replaced with something more powerful and less administrative for you.
    Server side integration.
    https://www.3cx.com/docs/bitrix24-crm-integration/
    The client side integration will die soon for this. It is clunky and needs confighration on all clients you have. With server side you just make a few changes to your portal and configure it once and you are done.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. computatech

How is this more powerful? it doesn't log inbound/missed/outbound calls its just a shortcut to an already added contact within the CRM. The server side plugin needs to be able to record inbound/outbound calls in the CRM same as desk side.

Can i have the instructions for the desk side configuration for Bitrix24 as these have been removed from the 3cx website??

6. migors

HI computatech did you manged 3cx integration in bitrix? I am testing now both bitrix and 3cx and the option does not work as it should

7. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

HI you want new modern server side CRM or you want the archaic client side?
    Tell me which you need and I will guide you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. migors

I do not understand you? Can you explain what you mean?

9. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

10. computatech

Can we have the client side guide that has been removed from the 3cx website for Bitrix24 client side?

11. computatech

The server side doesn't log ibound/outbound/missed calls in the CRM, if you want to log the calls then you need the client side configuration however 3cx have removed this from the website.

12. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The server side configuration will have these additions made later. We are planning to add journaling yes - but it happens that Rome was just not built in a day.

Also I don't want to promote client side ancient stuff that will be discontinued in the future.

If you want to install this on each client you have no problem - go ahead and do it for yourself. This is the client side link: https://www.3cx.com/docs/bitrix24-plugin/

I really do not want clients to configure client side on every client they have. Admins do not have time to do this stuff. In a 3 user company yes you can. But if you have hundreds of users it's clunky and madness. This was our first attempt to make a crm integration this is why we went client side because the server was not yet ready.
    Then we realized that big companies will never use it because client side is for the small sized pbx's

So the table of effort goes like this.

Server side - Faster, more efficient, 5 minutes to install and configure, 1 point of failure and for now no journaling. but will come.

Client side - Will consume a constant effort daily to configure and maintain this, support intensive, Configuration to be done per client, each client will communicate direct with the crm (Crm solutions frown at this) as opposed to server side where 1 connection is made to the crm (crm solutions like this) and has journaling (inbound calls only). Many points of failures - 1 for each user essentially.

So no, you are just looking at the journaling and this is why you think it is better. In fact it is worse. Server side should be the way to go.

13. migors

Server side sounds good but does not work.

14. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

OK. - I think you can elaborate more and type more information - did you go for a manicure or something? Give me more details pls so we can help you. What does not work?

You need to follow the blog post to the letter, Perform all the actions and Bitrix 24 needs EXACT MATCH.
    So if the number comes with a bracket or is saved with a bracket and the caller id does not come in with a bracket, then it will not match. Its a bitrix 24 limitation.

Bitrix needs the number to come in EXACTLY as it is stored in the database. You cannot even match the last 5 digits for example of a number. No it needs to be spoon fed with exactly the same caller id as it is saved. So maybe this is a reason

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.