• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Blacklist Number

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigreilly

Free User
Reaction score
We just started using Blacklist number and notice the call does not get dropped. Flowroute sends it to my backup Trunk. The backup trunk, which goes to 3cx as well, of course rejects it. The backup trunk failover route is my cellphone.
So, in short, numbers we Blacklist are not getting "REJECTED". They are going to our Failover route.

Is there a way to fix this?

Hello @craigreilly

What version PBX are you on? Can you please specify the service pack as well?
Also are the numbers coming in match the blacklisted numbers exactly?

Latest v15 all patch up.
I have *8005561212 so it matches either trunk as one sends a 1 the other doesn't.
I see it in the activity log as a blacklist call.
Then the provider sends to the backup number.

So the number gets rejected the first time it comes in and then the provider re-sends the number to a backup trunk and the number goes through?
Do i understand this correctly?
Can you run a wireshark capture of this happening and send it to me in a private message so i can take a look?

1. Call comes in to primary trunk.
2. shows as blacklist in activty
3. goes to backup provider, also on same 3cx server
4. shows as blacklist in activity
5. goes to backup route of backup provider - which is my cell phone.

Not sure what a wireshark will give you. i am asking why a BLACKLIST number would go back to Flowroute and tell it basically that the call can not be completed and goes to a backup trunk. Shouldn't a blacklist number call just get dropped? Or is this the proper behavior that a blacklist number gets rerouted to a failover number?

Anyhow, sent the PCAP to you. Thanks for taking a look.

The wireshark will show us the message we sent back to provider which in this case is 403 forbidden which for blacklisted numbers this is correct. You will need to contact the provider and ask them not to send the numbers to the backup provider when they see this error code.

ok sounds good.
I would have expected as approved interop this would have been caught.
i will create a ticket with flowroute.
thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.