Blacklist numbers

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Nikola Paskov, Dec 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikola Paskov

We have a client whom we installed 3CX Pro and configured as contact center. A problem arise where operators need to blacklist numbers of rude insistent callers and for that reason I was forced to create admin account for them just so they have that option. As you can imagine that exposes the system to big security risk up to the point where some of them can change system configuration - intentionally or not - up to not functional.
    And that is 24/7 contact center so such behaviour is highly unacceptable.

Any ideas how can I solve that issue are welcome.

2. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

Hi Nikola,

There is not another way to do this to my knowledge.

Add your vote to the ideas site: https://www.3cx.com/community/threa...to-be-able-to-manage-blacklist-numbers.50366/

You could collate all the numbers weekly/monthly and import them via a CSV file however this is not an immediate resolution: https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/numbers-blacklist-import.49664/

What you want is under the Extension settings and "Rights" is a tick box to add blacklisted numbers to the system without any other configuration rights or a setting in the client itself.

3. Nikola Paskov

Exactly!
    Thanks for the link - voted!

4. Network Emad

Yes It's good idea to create user's with levels.

admin or super admin or operator and the levels are different with each user.

the first one can manage every thing and the last will be manage some options (Limited user)

5. Nikola Paskov

Yes, just like was the case with Elastix, which btw 3CX acquired, and now its successor - wont mention its name, maybe its against forum rules. Not to mention other PBX/Call center open-source solutions - all they have fine granular ACL.

6. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Granted, this is a good idea as a feature request, but in this specific case, I think this specific business could have one trustworthy member of staff (Team Leader?) that has this rights, everybody sends to him, he imports in small batches.

Now a more immediate solution, if you have someone with a few programming skills, you could use make a simple application that inserts numbers via the 3CX Call Control API, and has a very simple web interface that users can access.

7. Nikola Paskov

Thx for the answer!
    But in that case Team manager is available only on day shifts and they are non-profit organisation helping child and teens with their problems. You can imagine what kind of harassment would happen when drunk/drugged teens in company start calling using vulgarity/fool language and you cannot stop it at will.
    About API suggestion - its 3CX system on Debian - as I look on that link it wont be useful but maybe I misunderstood something?

8. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

It works on Linux as well, as long as you do everything in .NET core, but the log is the same. The examples though, you are right, are for Windows, but the logic is the same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.