Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

BLF & 6755i Phone Question

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by StarTrek133, Mar 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarTrek133

Hello Everyone,

My office has a bunch of these Packet8 6755i phones (aastra), and what we did is strip out all the information and instead installed a new 3CX system instead ..

What I am having trouble with is the advance programing of the phone .. The phones work great once I updated the global sip and line 1 with the local box's information about 3CX .. My trouble is my boss wants the lady at the front desk to be able to see on her phone when we are on a call by ext blinking red or something ..

I saw the BLF both in the phone and the server , but everything I do on the phone just gives me a ? before the persons name with no lights or anything .. and on the server its grayed out so I cant use it there ..

Any advice ? the only thing I have figured out is that the inface for the phones is very much like the Aastra phones ..

Any help would be great .. thanks

2. danhriscanu

danhriscanu New Member

Re: 6755i Phone Question

Hi,

How did you provisioned your phones? You have to autoprovision your phones with 3cx and after that you will be able to configure your BLF keys to monitor extensions from 3cx Phone system.
    Follow this tutorial: http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/aastra-provisioning.html

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. StarTrek133

Hi Danhriscanu,

I just tried doing that walk thur you sent me and nothing happened .. I typed in all the information and my phone number rebooted and when I rebooted it myself everything is the same as it was ..

when i go into that phone provisioning tab the both half that has the BLF stuff is greyed out i dont have access to it ..

I was taught to flash the phones with a program called pumpkin and using the st file ..

let me know .. and thanks for the help ..

4. StarTrek133

I went to the Aastra website today and found that there was an updated verison to the firmware so I downloaded it and reflashed the phone and even though the firmware took , I am still having no luck with the Busy Signale Lights ..

Any advice ?

thanks ..

5. StarTrek133

Here are some screen shoots of the phone settings ..

Hope it helps ..

6. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Hi,
    You are using 3CX PhoneSystem Free Edition. It does not provide full set of features.
    Differences between Free and Commercial Editions are specified in BROCHURE (http://www.3cx.com/phone-system/3CXPhoneSystem_brochure.pdf)

Thanks
    P.S. it also answers your question posted in other thread http://www.3cx.com/forums/blf-for-status-26015.html#p123641

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.