Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

BLF Alerts

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ntnetzeband, Oct 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ntnetzeband

Does anyone know of any way to set up a phone to ring if a BLF status programmed to the phone is ringing?

We currently use Yealink T48s.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I presume you are setting up a switch board for multiple companies? If you figure this out, please let me know too.

I've been considering writing a computer based switchboard app so reception can answer calls for multiple companies.

The T48 does have support for 16 identities. You could program an identities for each separate extension / company you want to answer for. Doing this way you would be able to use the buttons and get a ringer however it will not scale beyond 16. Most phones have a much much lower number of supported identities.

Also 3CX templates only support a single identity so you'll need to manually program the phone.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why not use Ring groups, and have the receptionist watch the Label tagged at the beginning of the caller ID?

Create an inbound rule to forward calls from a specific port/DID to a specific ring group, with the Receptionist as the only member. The Ring Group will preface the callerID with it's label.

The only downside is that 3CX in it's current form will only allow 1 call from a ring group at a time regardless of the multiple call option set on the extension. However, that is in the 3CX Ideas forum and is gaining traction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.