Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

BLF Caller ID displayed

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by s_oliver, Jan 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. s_oliver

Hi All,

I would like to know how I can disable displaying the Caller ID of Phone A on Phone C Screen , when Phone A calls Phone B , with Phone C monitoring Phone A ( Via BLF ), in brief :

A Calls B , B monitored by C , ( Caller ID of A is displayed on C )

Is there any tricky way to disable this? or any option in 3CX Phone System to check for this matter..? Any suggestions please ..?

Help ! :?:

Thank you in advance

2. Frank D

Frank D New Member

Hi Oliver,

which phones are you using? For Yealink phones you can disable visual alerts via the provisioning template or via the phones web interface:
    http://www.manualslib.com/manual/621756/Yealink-Sip-T41p.html?page=104

I think there is a similar functionality for SNOMs.

This will effect all calls from all BLF, on this phone.

Or maybe you don't need a BLF and a shortdial key would do the same job?

Best regards Frank

3. s_oliver

Hello Frank,

I am using grandstream phones, and I need to disable this from 3cx phone system because as far as I know it's not possible to be done from grandstream phones.

So please, tell me if there is any tricky thing to do on 3cx phone system so that the grandstream phone not display the caller ID of the one who calls the monitored extension, as I explain in the forum post

Thank you very much

4. Frank D

Frank D New Member

Hi Oliver,

I don't know about a way to do this on 3cx. Maybe someone else could help you here. I can't help you here.
    You could use the 3cx softphone to monitor the extension, of course, than the granular permissions apply.
    Regarding the phone, it does not matter at all if the phone is supported and shown as "unsupported ip phone". The phone itself has settings, that work fine with SIP. This settings are completely idependent from 3cx and don't need special support. You are sure there is no setting to disable the visual alerts on the phone?

Best regards Frank

5. s_oliver

Thanks for you reply,

Yes I am sure, and I am 50 % sure that there is no specific parameter on 3cx Phone system to disable this, but I need anyway a tricky thing to do on 3cx phone system for this matter

Thank you anyway, I will wait for other comments

Sincerly

6. 12494

12494 Member

Couple of questions:
    1. You didn't really answer the question of what phone you are using?
    2. Does the phone have a web interface where you could access settings to do what you want?
    3. Curious about why you even care about this information being displayed?

Regards,
    Allen

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. s_oliver

Hello,

1.I mentioned the name of the phone but it has been displayed automatically ( I still don't know why )

2.Yes I has an interface , it's an advanced ip phone functionality

3. I just don't want it to be displayed, since I only care about if that extension is busy, I don't want to show the caller ID of the extension that has called the monitored phone on the phone with BLF activated

If there is still other question , let me know and will reply

Thank you a lot

8. Frank D

Frank D New Member

I just added a feature request:
    http://www.3cx.com/forums/blf-monitoring-option-o-not-send-he-caller-id-43930.html

9. s_oliver

Hi Frank

Thank you a lot.

When Can I get a reply for this? will it take time?

Thanks in advance

10. Frank D

Frank D New Member

Hi Oliver,

a 3cx-Idea post is just a thread about an idea. You may not get an answer at all. If many people like the feature request, or the 3cx people themselves like it, there will be some reaction.

This is more about a midterm to longterm thing, I think for the time being you should look for another way to handle things.

Best regards Frank

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.