BLF for a shared voicemail box

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Anthony Stirk, May 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anthony Stirk

We've implemented a shared mailbox with a dummy extension which a number of people access. Is there any way to have a BLF set up on all the members phones that indicates if there is a voicemail waiting ?

2. Zacharias_3CX

Zacharias_3CX Support Team

Hello @Anthony Stirk

You cannot configure a BLF to access another extensions voicemail

If you want post this as a feature request to the ideas section of the forum so it can be up-voted by other users and perhaps get implemented in a future release.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Dave-TTG

Hi Anthony

This feature has been requested many times and 3CX are working on it - https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/group-voicemail-queued-for-development.43939/

However as a workaround you can add a second account to the IP phone manually and that will poll for new voicemails and flash the MWI if a voicemail is left on either of the accounts. Obviously this isn't a supported scenario, and your experience may differ based on what IP phones you are using, but i'd suggest trying it out and seeing how it works for you. Yealinks also have a custom DSS/BLF function for voicemail that you may be able to add and link to account2, though i've not tried it myself

Hope this helps

Dave

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #3 Dave-TTG, May 30, 2017
    Last edited: May 30, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.