• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

BLF for status?

Status
Not open for further replies.

henkvd

Reaction score
I use 2 buttons on my phone for setting my status to Out of Office and Available. Because, when we leave the building, the telephone needs to be forwarded to my cell phone.

So, I have *30 and *31 (or *32) as speed-dial on my Grandstream phone.

With my old ISDN phones, a red light was turned on when forwarding was on. Easy for my coworkers. I want this too on my Granfdstream phones. There's something like a BLF, but it only works when the phone is off-hook.

I want the light to be red when the status is set to Out of Office, and then turn green when the status is back to Available, so anyone can see if forwarding is on (red BLF for Out of Office) or forwarding is off (green BLF for Available).
Is this possible?

Hi Henkvd ,

wish i had an answer for you , because I am tring to figure out something like that myself .. with no luck .. hopefully someone will post something soon ..

Hi,

This is not implemented in hard phones. You have to use MyPhone if you want to see status real time.

That's not possible for us, we want to see in one second the forwarding status so we can not forget to disable/enable it when we leave or arrive at the office... and the easiest way is with a light on the phone.

yea it would be nice if the lights on the phone worked .. but I just tried that MyPhone and installed to my computer and put in the formation and it doesnt work either .. all my lines come up grey and not registered when they are .. and when i go into the server it says my ext for MyPhone is not regiesterd .

@StarTrek133 probably you are using the free version of 3cx Phone System. This is just for testing and does not have all features enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.