Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

BLF Instructions/settings missing

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Wirelessvk2, Oct 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wirelessvk2

HI, page 67 of the 3CX version 11 manual says briefly about setting BLF but then there is not any explanations anywhere else.?????
    No screen captures or indications as to where the tab or setting is ????

Anyone knows about this?

I need to know how to set up BLF. I have been around the planet, including Cisco phone support and getting nowhere.

SYSTEM: simply consist of 3CX Version 11 (bought the licence yesterday Mini, but have not installed it yet) with 3 VoIP lines.
    So each of those 3 lines is mapped to an extension (example: ext 100, 200 and 300 respectively). Going to Cisco SPA 540G phones.
    Extensions are set not shared and private.
    On idle (meaning all 3 Cisco phones are not used or incoming calls are present) in any Cisco phone the LCD screen shows the extensions 100, 200 and 300. Ok ? And the lights are green.
    In 3CX I have put that extension 100 belongs to external number X, 200 to external number y and 300 to external number z.

INCOMING CALL SCENARIO
    A call comes from external number Y (which is mapped to extension 200), so blinking red lights occurs in all 3 phones simultaneously in extension 200 and any person close to any phone can take an answer. Brilliant. That is what the customer wanted.

OUTGOING CALL SCENARIO (this is where the drama is):

A person wants to do an outgoing call. Example, this person picks any phone and pushes the button that corresponds to extension 200 which is mapped to external number Y. Tone is there and the call can be made BUT...............the lights for extension 200 on the other 2 phones are still green. I want them to go red to indicate that the line is in use.
    It works ok on incoming (all ringing and red) but for outgoing calls everything is green.

This is a feature that I would have thought to be so normal and logical, but seems to be a big ask.
    There is a lot of confusion about "unused extension". I do not have unused extensions and this feature was something that existed with Commander phone systems for ages.

So, am I asking something out of this planet? Is there a fix ?

As I said, the 3CX manual briefly mentions this and let you hanging..................... :S

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Because the line on the phone is not a physical extension of the line being picked up.its just software mapping.

A blf is created on the extension setup.

But those are not the same as a line key. Picking up a line to make an outbound call will not make a line key change status... You can blf an extension but not a phone line.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Wirelessvk2

I am still confused............sorry.

I cannot grasp the difference when you say "phone line". I have mapped via 3cx the "lines" to extension numbers ending in the cisco phones.
    How come that incoming calls do produce the red light effect but not the outgoing?

This is what confuses me a lot.
    Yes, I see that this is all software, there aren't physical copper lines to create circuit switched sessions. Same copper with TCP/IP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.