BLF issue with Polycom 670.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Thurman86, May 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thurman86

I just added a polycom IP 670 phone to our 3CX system in our office. Everything is working fine except for the BLF's. They all just show it's own extension. I have the BLF's configured just as I do with the other Polycom phones the only difference is the others are IP 550 phones. Are there any additional settings for the 670 that I may be missing?

2. snowsam

Re: BLF issue with Polycom 550, 650 **FIXED**

I am on my first day of evaluating 3CX with a Polycom 650 and 550 phones, trying to decide whether to use for a 60 phone deployment.

I've got the phones working and provisioned, but the BLF that I set up in the admin GUI is not showing up on either of the phones.

Like the other person above, all the extension numbers being shown for the soft-buttons are that of the phone's own extension.
    ** SOLVED BELOW **

Additional background:
    1. The phones are obviously talking with 3cx to get their provisioning info via DHCP 66 and then the 3CX web.
    2. I have the correct sip version and bootloader version loaded up in the provisioning directory and they updated the phones when they first booted up (on different versions).
    3. I have "reset to defaults" and "formatted the file system" on both phones and after they finish rebooting and reloaded end up in the same spot.
    3. Looking at the CFG file, I see the lines like
    which are where the BLF keys are set up.

*** WAIT *** I think I just found it. In the CFG there is a linekeys section:
    When I changed the ip550 line to 2 (from 4), this made space for two of my BLF assignments to move up and be displayed.

After looking, it seems the place to make the change permanent is to go to "Settings --> Phone Provisioning --> Templates --> Polycom . Then find the lineKeys entries and edit and save.

Then go to phones and select the phones and hit "re-provision". The phones will immediatly reboot/reload.

Hope this helps someone else. Seems to me this should be documented somewhere!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.