Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

BLF on 48G not updating

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jimbo59, Dec 18, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

I'm changing the BLFs on a T48G Yealink with current firmware and they don't update. I have rebooted the phones and powered down and there is no update. Oy vey!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

Hi Jimbo59,

Try re-provisioning the handsets and see if that works.

3. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

This firmware has problems with 3CX. It no longer reboots the phone when necessary. Hotdesking doesn't reboot and BLFs don't force a reboot. It's not very usable. Thank god I only have one of these phones.

I gave up on hotdesking.

Now I reprovisioned after a factory reset and EXP40 doesn't see the BLFs I configured. Now I have to manually put them in through web interface. This phone wasn't well tested with this firmware. The old firmware worked fine.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #3 jimbo59, Dec 18, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @jimbo59

Please note that with the newer firmware phones do not reboot when re-provisioned specifically for hotdesking to work.
    For blfs to be added to the EXP40 when a phone is used for Hotdesking all blf spots on the phone must be filled before you can start adding blfs to the EXP unit. This is because different extensions with different blf configurations can use the same device and so blf keys are provisioned to the next available spot on the phone.

When the device is not configured for Hotdesking then you can leave empty blf spaces and provision all your blf keys to the EXP unit.

I have just tested a T48g and BLFs are added on the phone with a reprovision. I am running SP2 with firmware 35.82.0.20 and the default template.
    How is the phone provisioned? Local or remote?

5. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

I did have some empty spots before the EXP unit. This phone is local.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.