• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

BLF on Cisco SPA504G

Status
Not open for further replies.

HansO

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a system with four Cisco SPA504G and three of the BLF is configured for Speed dial to the other extensions which works fine.

And now to the question, is it possible to see if the other extension is busy or DND?

BR
Hans

If you are asking for extension status of Available/Away/Out of Office.. no.
I don't allow DND at the handset.. confuses users as to why their phones don't ring later..

As for call status and such (off hook, ringing, on a call), then yes. We customize ours from the template.. being a service desk we have each others' extensions on BLF.. can see status relatively easy.. but hated the epileptic red flashing buttons for each service desk call.. now a smooth orange fast blink. ;)

Yes that´s exactly what I want to accomplish. The most important is to see if the other is on a call or not.
Could you give me an example of the template?

I think by v11 they got most of the template right.. then introduced distinctive ring which drove my clients crazy on the defaults..

Here is the main piece. The conditions will result in two outcomes. If I set BLF configs in the extension config, it will use the condition is true here and thus it will set the fnc as specified below.

For this template.. if I don't set the BLF config on the extension, the condition is false, the Else statement is used and the lamp remains dark. On another template, I have it set to Line 1.. on yet another, a set of paging buttons.. no matter.

Code:
{IF blf2}
<Extension_2_ group="Phone/Line_Key_2">Disabled</Extension_2_>
<Share_Call_Appearance_2_ group="Phone/Line_Key_2">private</Share_Call_Appearance_2_>
<Extended_Function_2_ group="Phone/Line_Key_2">fnc=sd+blf+cp;sub=%%blf2%%@%%pbx_ip%%:%%param::sipport%%;ext=%%blf2%%</Extended_Function_2_>
<Short_Name_2_ group="Phone/Line_Key_2">%%blffirstname2%% - %%blf2%%</Short_Name_2_>
{ELSE}
<Extension_2_ group="Phone/Line_Key_2">Disabled</Extension_2_>
<Share_Call_Appearance_2_ group="Phone/Line_Key_2">private</Share_Call_Appearance_2_>
<Extended_Function_2_ group="Phone/Line_Key_2"></Extended_Function_2_>
<Short_Name_2_ group="Phone/Line_Key_2">%%extension_auth_id%%</Short_Name_2_>
{ENDIF}

{IF blf3}
<Extension_3_ group="Phone/Line_Key_3">Disabled</Extension_3_>
<Share_Call_Appearance_3_ group="Phone/Line_Key_3">private</Share_Call_Appearance_3_>
<Extended_Function_3_ group="Phone/Line_Key_3">fnc=sd+blf+cp;sub=%%blf3%%@%%pbx_ip%%:%%param::sipport%%;ext=%%blf3%%</Extended_Function_3_>
<Short_Name_3_ group="Phone/Line_Key_3">%%blffirstname3%% - %%blf3%%</Short_Name_3_>
{ELSE}
<Extension_3_ group="Phone/Line_Key_3">Disabled</Extension_3_>
<Share_Call_Appearance_3_ group="Phone/Line_Key_3">private</Share_Call_Appearance_3_>
<Extended_Function_3_ group="Phone/Line_Key_3"></Extended_Function_3_>
<Short_Name_3_ group="Phone/Line_Key_3">%%extension_auth_id%%</Short_Name_3_>
{ENDIF}

{IF blf4}
<Extension_4_ group="Phone/Line_Key_4">Disabled</Extension_4_>
<Share_Call_Appearance_4_ group="Phone/Line_Key_4">private</Share_Call_Appearance_4_>
<Extended_Function_4_ group="Phone/Line_Key_4">fnc=sd+blf+cp;sub=%%blf4%%@%%pbx_ip%%:%%param::sipport%%;ext=%%blf4%%</Extended_Function_4_>
<Short_Name_4_ group="Phone/Line_Key_4">%%blffirstname4%% - %%blf4%%</Short_Name_4_>
{ELSE}
<Extension_4_ group="Phone/Line_Key_4">Disabled</Extension_4_>
<Share_Call_Appearance_4_ group="Phone/Line_Key_4">private</Share_Call_Appearance_4_>
<Extended_Function_4_ group="Phone/Line_Key_4"></Extended_Function_4_>
<Short_Name_4_ group="Phone/Line_Key_4">%%extension_auth_id%%</Short_Name_4_>
{ENDIF}

An example for my coworker here assigns this:

fnc=sd+blf+cp;sub=303@<ip>:5060;nme=303

As for the color and pattern, we adjusted settings which you would find on the Attendant Key LED Pattern section on the handset config.. don't recall off hand what the tags are but fetching an /admin/spacfg.xml after setting the value would tell you.

I have added this to the template but I still can´t see if the extension is busy or not. It still only shows in orange. Iám using the free version of 3CX, or what am I doing wrong?

I know you cant provision BLF's in the free version. I have never tried to manually configure them when using the free version...that may not work.

It does not work because the PBX will not allow the BLF subscriptions while in free mode.

I spent the better half of a Saturday five years ago trying to make provisioning finally work, only to read in the manual that BLFs didn't work. Put in a demo key, fixed!...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilyass.b
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.