Solved BLF on Polycom VVX 410 and 3CX v15

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by NYC1, Feb 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYC1

Hello,

Does anyone have any success with BLF on Polycom VVX410?

The new 3CX version 15 is working great, the new Polycom phones are provisioned using a default template for Polycom VVX. I can see the status change in 3CX client, but on the Polycom phones - no presence change whatsoever.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Hi NYC1,

What firmware are you using? This phone has been tested and works properly on 3CX phone system V.15 with firmware 5.4.4. Also please let us know if the phones are remote or local.

3. NYC1

The VVX410 phones and the server are local. I am using Polycom firmware version 5.4.4.2473 as described in this great 3CX article (https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/polycom-vvx/).

Overall the phone indeed works properly on 3CX phone system V.15, but the BLF does not work for me.

I looked at the phone diagnostic logs and saw multiple error messages like this:

0217074537|sip |4|00|Subscribe failed - 489 Bad Event, Resubscribe wont be attempted for [fe57cc]

4. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Hi NYC1,

What type of license are you on?

5. NYC1

From the Product Details tab:

Product: 3CX Phone System PBX Edition
    Version Number: 15.0.0

6. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

7. NYC1

So it is not a technical problem ;)

Thank you!

8. iwebco

I too am having a problem with VVX 300 and VVX 400 phones. They are provisioning fine. However the behavior when a second phone call come in to a a phone with an existing conversation in progress, the caller get immediately thrown to the voicemail. Have I tried checking the "Accept multiple calls" option from the Extension - Forwarding Rules Tab, of course. Have I saved this config and re-provisioned the phone thereafter? yes. But still, alas all VVX 300 phones do not allow more than one call. Anyone else run into this? Is there a workaround? I am on latest (no updates avail of V15 and all polycoms are provisioned at the latest supported version 5.4.4.2473 as specified in 3CX documentation. The only clue to this madness was on the Polycom phones themselves attempting to load a "ma-caddress--.web" file not found errors from the provisioning path. Is 3CX supposed to magically create these files for consumption on the server? (these files were absent when I looked for them) Did I miss a step not shown in the documentation for provisioning the VVX series of phones with 3CX?

One more thing, license is PRO.

Help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.