Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

BLF over Bridge

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ranh, May 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ranh

Hi Everyone

I'm new to 3CX so forgive me if this is a silly question (I have searched extensively and not found an answer). Is it possible to configure a BLF key on a phone (Yealink T41P) that corresponds to an extension across a bridge?

I am receiving presence information across the bridge using the 3CXPhone Windows app but it would be really handy to have the indicator lights work for users to simply see if someone at another location is available or on another call.

Thanks.
    ranh

2. tratz

tratz New Member

Ranh:

You cant do BLF or queues over a bridge. The only workaround i found is to create a separate extension on the remote system, forward it to the original extension on the other side of the bridge (should anyone call it) and tie it to the phone directly and then you can use BLF keys.

--Tracy

3. ranh

Thank you for your reply Tracy! One other question if I may. Forwarding extensions across the bridge is another area that I seem to be having some trouble. In the Forwarding Rules tab of the extension on the remote system I don't see the extensions from the other side of the bridge showing up as options to under the "Send Call to" drop down menu. Should the remote extensions be showing up as options to select or would I need to use the "External number or Skype ID" option and send the call to the external number of the remote location and somehow use an inbound rule to direct the call to the users extension?

Thanks again
    ranh

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

5. tratz

tratz New Member

Ranh:

route the call as external and since you have an outbound rule to route the call over the bridge, it will send the call over to the other side.

--Tracy

6. ranh

This helps me a lot. Thank you both for your replies. Hopefully BLF over a bridge will be something that 3CX adds in a future release!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.