BLF Pickup assignment issue on Yealink 38G

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Bunce, Oct 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bunce

Hi All,

Think I've come across a minor issue with the way 3CX assigns BLF's details to our phones - or perhaps its just a template change.

Yealingk T38G - 38.70.0.80
    3CX 11 SP1

When assigning a BLF extension in the 3CX interface, the Yealinks end up with the following configuration as per its web GUI (eg for extension 413):
    • Type: BLF
    • Value: 413
    • Account: Account 1
    • Extension: *20*413

As a result, when attempting to pickup a ringing extension (eg 413), my phone dials *20*413413 -> i.e. it duplicates the extenion, which does not work.

If I manually change the Extension field to just *20*, my phone dials *20*413 and works correctly.

This matches up with the Yealink doco which states the Extension field should just be *20* and the Value field set to the extension

Its obvioulsy not ideal to have to update 10 BLF entries on 50 phones manually in each phone's web GUI, so I'm wondering if there is a fix in changing the template, or is this a hard coded standard that the 3CX console uses to program BLF keys on all phones?

Cheers,
    Andrew

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Interesting. I have attached a snippet showing my T38 which also has 2 EXP39s behind it and programmed the same way. It seems to work just fine when using the T38 DSS key. Mine were manually provisioned. I have a bunch of T32s programmed the same way, but again manually. I have no issue using the DSS key or MyPhone.

When you indicate my phone, is that same as the applicaton "MyPhone" or literally...your phone? I am running 38.0.0.130 firmware, which I think is from the June timeframe and not the latest from Sept.

Attached Files:

3. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

The mac.CFG file for my t38 phone uses this, without any changes from me.

memory1.line = 0
    memory1.type= blf
    memory1.value = 4955
    memory1.DKtype = 16
    memory1.PickupValue = *20*4955

are you setting these up per extension so it affects the CFG file, or manually in the template file?

I also notice that the template is for 38.0.0.130 and not the firmware version you mention 38.70.0.80. Maybe there is an issue with that Firmware. Can you try setting a phone up with 38.0.0.130 ?
    If you don't have it anymore, I do have 38.0.146.3 a custom firmware that works fine.
    It has some of the features in 38.70.0.80, plus adds MultiCast paging/listening capabilities.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Bunce

Thanks for the replies all.

Looks like a firmware issue - I'd jumped the gun on installing the latest and appears Yealink has made a change causing the problem.

3CX provided an updated (test) template which removes the extension suffix from the Extension (PickupValue) field and all works well now, so assume this will be released shortly.

To answer a few questions raised:
    - I was referring to my 'personal' phone as opposed to MyPhone - sorry :).
    - Phones were auto-provisioned via 'Plug N Play' in console
    - BLF keys worked fine in terms of direct dialling, and showing busy status (red /green), but would fail only when trying to 'pick up' a ringing extension (due to repeating the extension *20*<extension><extension>)

Craig - I'd be interested in looking at the custom firmware? Just started with 3CX and about to finalise our handset layouts so will likely come in very handy.

Cheers,
    Andrew

5. craigreilly

It has everything that is in the firmware you have -
    Fixed an issue where 2 calls could try to be parked in the same SP slot.
    XML browser
    Name lookup for outbound calls

The only thing I have that is not in your firmware is multicast paging.
    But your firmware has a ton of fixes. I can get it uploaded for you tomorrow if you want it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Bunce

Thanks Craig, but wouldn't bother.

Can't see us using the paging so current release looks like it will do the job.

Cheers,
    A

7. craigreilly

Ok dokie.
    I hear anther major firmware will be released q1 that will add multicast and a slew of new features.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.