BLF pickup fails

Discussion in 'Windows' started by jonpennell, Jun 11, 2018.

1. jonpennell

I have read a couple of other threads... but can't get call pickup on BLF operational on the windows client - well, I can but...

The basic issue I have is that the windows client doesn't seem to honour the "Limit Call Pickup to calls received in their extension group" setting.

I am in the position where the Windows client is displaying the BLF, the BLF button indicates the monitored extension is ringing but tapping the BLF button doesn't pick up the call. Conversely, if you dial *20* on the windows client instead, the pickup works.

If I put the two extensions in the same extension group, the BLF pickup works as expected.

It seems that the windows client ignores the "Limit Call Pickup to calls received in their extension group" setting and defaults to applying this limit. Have I missed something?

2. jonpennell

*bump*

I'm surprised no-one else has this issue. If you can pickup a call with *20* then surely you should be able to pick it up by BLF too? Is this a bug?

3. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @jonpennell

When the extensions are in a different extension group and the option "Limit Call Pickup to calls received in their extension group" is enabled then you should not be able to pickup the call using *20* or the BLF key.
    Is the call between 2 extensions of a different group? Make sure that an extension involved in the call is not part of 2 extension groups.
    Also what is the PBX version you are running and what is the client version ?

4. jonpennell

Hi Yiannish, thanks for your reply - yes, I understand the functionality that is supposed to happen.

"Limit call pickup to calls received in their extension group" is OFF. On the windows client, *20* works as expected, but if you right-click the presence you are NOT offered the pickup option and selecting the ringing BLF does not work either - IF the two extensions are in different extension groups.

It seems as if the "Limit call pickup to calls received in their extension group" option is ignored and treated as always on by the windows client.

PBX version 15.5.12663.5
    Windows client version 15.5.12227.5

5. jonpennell

Yiannish? Any thoughts? Is this a bug?

6. jonpennell

This is so frustrating. I'm installing 3cx as a one-off in my company and will need to purchase licenses if we decide to go ahead. But stupid little issues like this with no comment from 3cx seriously make me worry what will happen if we invest considerable funds into licenses and have the same level of support :(

No matter which way I turn with the configuration of 3cx, I'm unable to get it just right.

The "strange" behaviour of call queues if an agent declines the call, the failure of ring groups to follow the SIP_FORKED_ID_BUSY setting, BLF call-pickup not following the "Limit Call Pickup to calls received in their extension group" setting - between them these issues are preventing me developing a solution which meets our needs.

I have managed to cobble a solution together which uses Asterisk to route external calls to 3cx so I can use Asterisk queuing functions - but am now sitting back and wondering if it's worth the administrative overhead.