BLF to select a line (trunk or gateway)

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by eurotrade, May 5, 2017.

BLF to select a line (trunk or gateway) 4 5 1votes
4/5, 1 vote

1. eurotrade

Hi Team,
    It would be useful to be able to program a BLF key to select a line (trunk or gateway) directly and see if it is busy.
    In the same way that a BLF key is programmed for an extension.

Thank's

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Why do you need to know if a trunk is busy? The system should intelligently route you to an available trunk for outgoing calls. And with VoIP (if available in your area) you can get unlimited call paths.
    For me, once I explained to the customer that the line status is no longer relevant and how VoIP works, they were comfortable not seeing the status.
    I am interested in hearing about your particular need further.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. eurotrade

Hi,
    I have a customer who has 3 phone lines, and would like to be able to manually select which line to exit each time, even for calls with the same prefix.
    If the line is busy it is a request it did because it had it in the previous pbx and wanted to know if it was possible to have it even with the 3cx

4. eurotrade

In this case, the customer has 4 lines all managed by a weeltech gateway, so the 3cx does not give me the option of choosing outbound lines from the weeltech.
    Outbound rules with prefixes can only be put in the gateway.
    But the customer does not want rules based on prefixes, he wants to be able to choose from time to time which line to use, even for numbers with the same prefix.

5. eurotrade

I just need to have a code to select a single trunk or gateway.
    Type a trunk group that allows me to manually select for each call the trunk or gateway to exit.