• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

BLF With Snom 320 and 3cx 9 / 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

sqr

Reaction score
Hello,
i cannot get BLF working on SNOM 320 with 3cx v.9 .
I tried with firmware 6 (i dont remember wich version) and 8 (latest 8.7.3.15) on snom 320.
I follow the guide to confiure BLF but i cant get it work. (http://www.3cx.com/s...hones/snom.html)
I tried another different 3cx installation with version 10 and different Snom 320, Nothing!.
I tried to reset snom 320 to default, Nothing! (note that BLF on same snom 320 works perfectly on Asterisk.
Can someone help me ?
Did someone got BLF works with snom320 and 3cx 9 or 10?

Hi,

Yes, I've had 3CX working with that version and I've got to say it was a breeze to setup. You put the MAC address into the provision tab on the extension and select the model and that was that. It may take a few minutes to get the configuration - just keep checking the phones logs and you'll see the time/date changing from say 01/01/2001 to the correct date/time as it picks up the NTP from the server.

What I do remember is that you have to put in the PBX internal IP address and port number and the directory is called provisioning with no slashes into the configuration tab on the phones GUI.

The phones are Snom 320's which are currently on firmware version 8.4.32, I don't go with the most recent version as sometimes this won't be certified as tested and working with 3CX.

The only thing I can think of is that a firewall is blocking the web port of 3CX. It was port 5481 few versions back but it is now 5000 and this is also depending on which webserver you are using.

I could get some screenshots if you have further problems and cannot get it working.

Hi',
it makes me very happy to know you have made it works :)

I did'nt understand exactly what you say but soon i'll try to reconfigure and understand.
However if u could send me screenshots of configurations in 3cx and snom it' will be very appreciated :)

Just a question: it' necessary to enable provisioning to make BLF working ? it cant work without provisioning ?

Thank you for infos

Attached are screenshots that should assist you at the relevant sections. You should be able to see the full paths to the phone provisioning and firmware updates.

The settings the phones get from provisioning are entered in light gray for example the Time Server and BLF function keys that can be seen in one of the screenshots.

Regards
Gary

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 904
  • Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 901
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 901
  • Capture3.JPG
    Capture3.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 900
  • Capture4.JPG
    Capture4.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 901
  • Capture5.JPG
    Capture5.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 901
  • Capture6.JPG
    Capture6.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 903
thank you Thank you thank you !!! :)
i tried to use Provisioning to set BLF but it does'nt works. :(
Maybe newer 8 versions had problems with that.
Later i try to check my config with your shots and if it's possible i try to downgrade to 8.4 as you

Bad news :(
I succesfully enabled provisioning. Now i can set function key in the 3cx provisioning tap and they are pushed to phones.
However BLF dont works :(
More, now that phones are provisioned, in the web config disapeared the identity settings and for various pages it ask me for an administrator password i had never set! and i'm no more able to edit numerous settings in snom 320.
What password is asking me ?

I'm not sure if this will help..

http://wiki.snom.com/FAQ/How_can_I_set_the_phone_back_to_admin_mode_or_factory_defaults_respectively

Note the "default" password.

OK password was 0000 :) i'm so stupid! :p

Now i've loaded firmware 8.4.32 in all snom 320.
all settings are like your screenshots.
Only difference is that i use 3cx 9 and u use 3cx 10.
My BLF wont works :"(

This is the string that 3cx pushes to phone in the Function key textbox: <sip:[email protected]:5060;user=phone>
is it right ?

is the only thing i cant see in yours screen shot.

Yes, see screenshot.

I'm not sure then why it isn't working for you? The phone is getting provisioned as the settings are being inserted into the phone and everything seems to be correct.

In the phones section if you provision a phone then the MAC address appears if not it says UNPROVISIONED.

One thing to check there seems to be a Snom and a Snom 320 provisioning template with 3CX - I use the Snom one and not the Snom 320 one.

Attached is a capture of the BLF provisioniong template I use and also the XML file that is provisioned to the phone after the settings are put in - The blue area just covers the person's name.

The templates can be found under the Provisioning Templates section in Settings on 3CX and the final XML files are found in the 3CX folder (ProgramData if Windows 7 etc) Data\Http\Interface\Provisioning\cfg(Then the MAC address of phone)

Hope this assists.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 870
  • Snom.JPG
    Snom.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 868
  • Snom2.JPG
    Snom2.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 868
Yes i used snom320 template to provision telephones.
In 3cx under phones i see my phones with the correct MAC and no one phone are UNPROVISIONED.
I will try the snom template hoping it is the cause.
i will report u soon the results :)
thank you a lot for continue supporting me :)

Nothing to do.
It wont works.
My cfgMAC files seems to be exactly as yours.
I cant understand.
Now i think the only remaining difference is the 3cx version.
What is your exact version ?
can i export setting from 3cx9 and put it into 3cx 10 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.