Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

BLF with SPA 932

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by federicom, Jan 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. federicom

I have tried Linksys SPA932 , BLF with asterisk works but with 3cx doesn't work. Any suggestion ? The BLF extension is subscribed but with orange led ...

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

LinkSYS does not support BLF. Linksys has a different mechanism called shared line. However they are implementing BLF within 1-2 months and we will support this BLF.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. federicom

Do you think that you'll use also BLF for Linksys in future builds ?

4. Pentangle

Pentangle Member

If I was a betting man i'd say Nick has plans to bring Linksys phones into the "supported" fold soon....purely from the amount of people using them.

However, that's his call.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. AldoLinares

AldoLinares New Member

To bad that they arent supported, they are much better than grandstream, to bad we have to stick to grandstream, the idea of a IP PBX to use standard SIP its that you can use anything and be free for any device but for me its like sticking to only some limited phones.

am i wrong?

6. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Pentangle you are right :) Yes we want to support LInksys. However, we need to get a couple of things sorted first. On our to do list:

1. the promised VPN capability in the form of a bridge
    2. Better firewall traversal
    3. New install with upgrade functionality.
    4. Some internal stuff in regards to source management
    5. Release VOIP client with a couple of functions that are now missing added

Once these are out of the way over the next few weeks, it will be much easier for us to release updates and much easier for the community to install these updates. Then we will add support for the Linksys..... SO bear with us on the LInksys :)

7. BJReplay

BJReplay New Member

There is a free edition user waiting to become a paying customer - you know what you need to do! :lol:

8. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

No, you're right. But the fact is that Linksys is NOT using what became defacto standard for BLF (I mean "dialog-info" events). If they do - 3CX would work for them. Instead, I suspect, they are using BroadSoft's approach, which is proprietary and not wide spread.
    As soon as I get some time to put my hands on it - I'll invetsigate this question in details.

9. ZoboFlobby

I agree the lack of BLF on a SPA932 is a complete deal killer.

This is a real nice phone with a real BLF for the one person who uses the phone the most, the receptionist.

We have a 100 seat client we were looking to move to 3cx who is on * now, they already have 3 of these phone setups.

10. viktora

Re:

Yeah, there is one free edition user waiting to be converted into paying user here, too. But not sooner than 3cx get support for SPA932. Now I am made to install and deploy Asterisk, just because it supports functions for free that are not supported in even paid versions of 3cx. Pity, 3cx is very user-friendly piece of software and initial costs are even friendlier :).

11. viktora

Hi folks at 3cx,

is there anything new with adding support of Linksys phones (especially SPA932) into the phonesystem? Share some good news with us, guys! :)

Dave

12. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Actually, it's Linksys who doesn't support BLF, not us. Snom, Cisco, Aastra, Grandstream - they all support BLF and are working perfectly with 3CX. Good news is that Linksys is going to implement BLF soon (it's not official info, though).

13. viktora

Ah, so if I understand it well, Linksys made something that is not fully supported even by their own devices. Good :). Archie, have you any idea of how will be that BLF support from Linksys look like? Now SPA932 cooperates with Asterisk and Broadcom, do you think they add another server into the list?

Thanks,

Dave

14. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Dave,

You didn't understand it well.
    It is up to Asterisk and/or Broadcom to support any implementation of BLF. There are a lot of different motives...
    If you publish any information regarding incorrectness of BLF support implementation in 3CX PBX, it will be a greatly appreciated.

Thanks

15. viktora

Stepan,

Well, I did not mean my previous remark as offence, on the contrary. I can try my own contacts in Linksys voip division to find more info about this planned BLF upgrade... if I get anything that might be useful to know, I will share it here. As for possible in/corectness - I cannot tell anything yet, as I do have to work only with Linksys phones here. I was referring to what Richie said about future BLF support added by Linksys and I was just interested in what would it look like (maybe adding another option for 3cx to the list of supported servers in SPA932 config?).

To be honest, I was forced to deploy AsteriskNOW just because of the BLF (our receptionist can easily transfer incoming calls just by pressing related button plus she can immediately see the status of extensions in our company right on the SPA932 switchboard, which asterisk supports rather well). But I like 3cx because of its easy configuration, modesty and mainly wide and living forums; as soon as get the chance, I migrate our VoIP system back to 3cx. There is a nice little powerful server just dedicated as host for VoIP PBX already sitting there in our server-room (currently occupied by Asterisk).

And one off-topic note - is it possible to get a time-limited license for 3cx phonesystem, lets say for one month? The commercial version does have some features (such as call-pickup or fax) that I would like to test "live" in our environment, but I cannot due to the free-version limitation. Not that I do not trust on the quality of 3cx, but I must show my boss that it works to persuade him to open his wallet and give me money to purchase 3cx phonesystem :).

Dave

16. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Dave,

I didn't try to fight against you as well.
    I've tried to add comments, may be they are not so suitable, sorry.

But... I still asking you about comments regarding BLF implementation in 3CX PBX.

Thanks

17. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

To be precise: Linksys does not support BLF currently. But they have Shared Line Appearance (SLA) feature. It's completely different approach, though it might look like BLF. We do not support SLA (yet! we're going to implement it soon), but we DO support BLF properly.

18. federicom

Archie you wrote that BLF with CISCO phones works.

Which are the CISCO Phones that works with 3CX and BLF ? Thank you for your kind assistance.
    Federico

19. viktora

Archie, thanks for explanation. That would sort of solve my problem, though not entirely, if the call pickup and unattended call transfer from the SPA932 will not be supported by the 3cx. However, If you need a tester for this SLA feature, just tell me, I will be glad to test it here (6x SPA901 + SPA962/932).

Dave

20. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

I could be wrong regarding Cisco. If I'm not mistaken, 7940 works. Somebody on forum has reported that it works.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.