Blind Transfer/Attended Transfer option missing

Discussion in 'Windows' started by mc2, Oct 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mc2

mc2

Hi There,

Last weeked (02-10-09) I upgraded our NFR version to 8.0. as well as our voip phone clients with the 3CX assistant. The executable for the version I downloaded on 02-10-09 for the Assistant was labled "file version 8.1.9358.0" which, once installed, shows as 8.0.9358.0 in the "help, About" option of the assistant and has the intergrated softphone version 4.0.9340.0. For the past week it seems to be working fine so far. As this was relatively successful I decided to upgrade one of our clients to the new version this weekend.

Yesterday I downloaded the assistant that was on the website and is still the version currently avaiable for download.The executable for this version is labled "file version 8.1.9532.0" and once installed shows as 8.0.9532.0 in the "help, About" option of the assistant and has the intergrated softphone version 4.0.9530.0.

My issue is that on our upgraded system when I wish to transfer a call the Blind/Attended option pops up on the softphone, but for my client which I upgraded with the versions downloaded from the website yesterday this option is not popping up. It will only allow you to do an blind transfer.

I installed the version I downloaded yesterday on one of our softphone clients and it does the same thing...no attended transfer option. Fortunately, I still had the exe which I downloaded last week and I reinstalled that on our softphone client and ....VOILA...there is the blind/attended transfer option.

I now have to scramble to my clients office tomorrow morning before the staff get in and put on the assistant and softphone version I downloaded last week so that they can have the attended transfer option.

I'm really annoyed as this has wasted my entire Saturday afternoon as it was only eventually by chance that I considered that last weeks version may actually work. I think you guys might have a problem with the last available version........

2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi

When I started to use and understand voip phones, I had the same problem. One of my teammates, much more experienced, asked me smiling "Your Grandstream can perform both kind of transfers? It has a attended transfer dialog box?" Blink - I rushed to my Grandstream to see how it works. Surprise, it has no dialog-box. Instead, once you push the Transfer button, on its display it shows: "Dial a number to transfer (BLIND) or click a line (ATTENDED)". Then I understand that Attended transfer is nothing more than transferring an established call to another established call, which is, obviously, available on another line of the phone.

Back to our 3CXPhone: its display is a little more close to reality than Grandstream's when pressing Transfer:
    - if you have only one call, it only displays "Dial a number to transfer" (because you don't have another call on another line, so it's the only possibility)
    - if you have more calls, on more lines, it displays "Dial a number or select a line to transfer" (both options being available, isn't?).

Now, you may ask about first case you want to create a second call. Sure - switch to a free line, make desired call, ask if call partner accept the call, then perform attented transfer, which now is possible. Isn't exactly the same way as the dialog-box-based acts for attended transfers?

Now, somehow specific to 3CXPhone, in case of blind transfers, you can perform them:
    - as is specified, by direct dialing a number;
    - by copy-paste a number into display
    - by drag-drop a number into display
    - by selecting an last-dialled, answered, missed, dialled call from their list (by UP-DOWN arrows or by Calls menu)
    - by direct or specific contact from the phonebook (from "toolbar" button or from Calls menu)
    Excepting the first two, all others would be unavailable - also including attented transfer to a line - when using the dialog-box you refer.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mc2

mc2

Hi Vali,

Thanks for your reply, however I'm not sure you're answering the right post here as the answer you've given is a little way off the mark.

My issue, simply put, is that the version of the assistant for the new 3CX system released last week has the Blind transfer/attended option on the 3CX softphone when you push the "transfer" button , but the version they have posted for download this week does not!

All I am wanting to do is transfer a single incoming call to another extension, but with the choice of attended or not...

4. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

There is something new: "incoming call". As far as I know, none of 3CX voip phone versions aren't able to do this, neither Xlite (I don't have another phone next to me to check). An incoming call should be first answered to be transferred - the only exception is "transfering" it to voicemail.
    Btw, how do you perform an attended transfer on Xlite?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. mc2

mc2

Hi There,

I really don't think you are understanding what the problem is.

Please download and install the latest 3CX assistant with the integrated phone - for Version 8.0 at the following website...http://www.3cx.com/phone-system/download-links/

On last weeks version, i.e 8.1.9358.0, of the 3CX phone if you receive a call on the softphone, answer it as per normal talk to the person on the other side, then click "transfer" to transfer the call to another extension another pop-up comes up with two icons with telephones on them which state attended or Blind.

This week I installed the 3CX assistant with the 3CX phone and the pop-up is not showing when I click transfer.

6. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Now I understand - that popup you referred has been removed. Current behavior is the one I've tried to describe, as any other phone handles blind/attended transfers.

7. mc2

mc2

Hi there,

Have they removed it on purpose or do you think it is bug?

I have another question which you may be able to help...I've posted it on the partner forum under subject "cannot park a call forwarded from a queue" ...can you take a look at it for me. I'd really appreciate it as my customer is about to throw out the 3CX if I can't get the parking right.

8. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi

Look, I've tried to explain as good as I can: no, it's not a bug: we two talk on Line 1. You have an incoming call on Line 2. Answer. Press Transfer. Press Line 1 -> you transferred that call to me - it's an attended transfer. It's the way any other phone (I exemplified with Grandstream and Xlite) does.

Regards
    vali

9. mc2

mc2

Hi Again

I receive a call on line one and answer it. I had two options if I pressed the transfer button i.e. I got a popup with blind and attended transfer. With the latest version of the 3CX Phone I do not get the popup just the option to enter a ext number. The question I have is why ??? It's really frustrating when a product changes especially when the customer is accustomed to that method of transfering a call

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.