Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Blind transfer - automatic return call to transfer-er

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by donhounsell, Feb 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donhounsell

I am confused about how to set up the new feature in 12.5 to "Automatically transfer call back to blind transfer-er when destination is busy". I can see the settings in Settings->General->Global Settings, and I have read the admin guide, but still confused.
    I expected to see a tick box to enable/disable this feature globally. All I see is a unique dialcode (which I have set), and a time to wait for destination to answer before calling back (which I have also set). But I can't find any instructions on actually how to use the feature. What is the dialcode for?
    Does this mean I use the dialcode on an extension to turn the feature on/off? If so, why not make it an extension property?
    Does it mean we have to use the dialcode every time we make a blind transfer? If so, why not make it a right-click option in 3cxPhone?

I want to make this feature mandatory for all extensions. This is a fundamental part of our client service. We do not have a receptionist (so calls can be answered by anybody in the office). We do not wish to pass customers to voice-mail, as in most cases somebody else can help if the original person is not available. Hence the new feature is very important to us, and we have been hanging out for it. I don't want staff to be able to decide whether they want to use the feature or not, or to be able to switch it off for their extension.

Some advice would be appreciated.

2. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Use an attended transfer.

3. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

The way I understand the feature is that the dial code you establish becomes a system wide code much like the emergency code used to force the system into an after hours or in hours schedule. It engages when you select the desired dial code and click apply, save and then dial the feature code. Once this is done the features is enabled.

It will remain engaged until such time as you go back to the setting and remove the dial code and click on apply and save.When the dial code is engaged, any blind transfer that goes to an extension and is not answered within a certain time will "bounce back" to the extension that transferred the call. The time is also a global feature and my assumption is that it should be set for a time that is less than what the extension may have set for its forwarding routines. I do not know about the timing for a fact, so it may ignore the extension settings altogether. You may need to test some to determine the proper setting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.