Blind transfer hold issue

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by hoosier1077, Nov 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoosier1077

Hello,
    I have a grandstream gxp2120 sitting at receptionist desk registered to 3cx server up to date. Everything works great except one thing. When she gets call 1, she answers, and then hits transfer-ext-send, and the call is now being transfered. The only problem is that call will sit on hold on her phone until the other end she's transferring to picks up. I noticed that the 3cx soft phone does the same thing. However if I drop a cisco spa509g in there, once you blind transfer the call, its off her phone, and that line is now not in use and can receive another call. One of the biggest issues with this is after she hits send to transfer, the call is still on hold on her phone until other end picks up, well if another call comes in the phone doesnt ring becuase line 1 is still in use waiting for the other end of that transfer to pick up. The line will blink red showing a new imcoming call, but wont make any noise because that 1st call is still on hold during that transfer. If anyone has run into this I would really appreciate any ideas or fixes. I was going to chalk it up to the 3cx server, but the cisco phone acts completely differently and doesnt hang onto that call until the other ext picks up the transfer, it transfers the call and the line is free again. Thanks very much in advance....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.