Blind transfer on traditional devices

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by espressionist, May 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. espressionist

Hello, a quick question for all you experts :)

on the attached image you can have a look at my setup

this is what i want to do:

Suppose either of the pstn lines ring. i have created a ring-group which rings on all extensions
    lets say 101 answers the call and wants to do a blind transfer to 102. how can you do that using traditional devices?

thank you for your time and excuse my poor english :D

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Traditional device you mean ATA with analog phone? If yes you would have to check the ATA manual and analog phone manual on how transfers are done.

Much easier to buy a SIP phone straight away quite frankly.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. arpa

If the phone doesn't have a flash button ( you must specify the correct flash milliseconds, more than 100ms, from your device) you can use the hook flash button (push-release instantly) and then when you hear the dial tone , you can forward the call to the number you want and at last you must close the phone.
    In my case i use Linksys SPA-3102 , PAP2T and Fritz!Box as ATA to connect analogue desk phones and dects to 3cx. From the Linksys devices i have no problem with the call transfer , but with the Fritz!Box , I am not able to transfer the call as I describe to another topic ... http://www.3cx.com/forums/call-trasfer-via-fritz-box-failed-5167.html

4. espressionist

thank you for your answers and yes, by traditional devices i mean analog phones connected to ATA

is there a way to do it with less buttons pressed?
    so far i used trixbox and all i had to do was disable feature codes from the spa3102 and the PAP2 and let the trixbox handle everything ( ## ext)
    Can 3cx do that?

5. arpa

You don't need to press a lot of buttons , only one if your device has a flash button, usually this button has an "R" letter on it. If doesn't then you must push-release the hook flash of the deskphone's headset. This procedure does the same work as the "R" button.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.