Blind Transfers

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by JVH, Sep 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JVH

JVH

Hi all,
    Ok I have the 3CX system and a Grandstream GWV 4108 FXO gateway.

I have 4 of the FXO ports connected to 4 FXS ports on our old NEC electra pbx. Those ports are set as part of the ring in group.
    The Grandstream will answer them and then pass them to the 3CX attendent. It will play the options for deparmental transfers.

Once the customer selects a number, how do I get the 3CX and the grandstream to do the hook flash and extension numbers back to the NEC so it can route the calls to the departments?

Thanks

2. tpinnovations

tpinnovations Member

I would assume that if its VoIP capable you could just make it an extension in 3CX and tell the NEC to handle the call accordingly. (Maybe set it up as a trunk on the Electra)

Sorry, Just a guess from a brief google read.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. JVH

JVH

Hi,
    The NEC is not voip compatible, which is why we will eventually replace it.
    What I have done is direct incoming calls to ring on NEC (fxs) port 50. (I am calling it an FXS port but it is really what they call I.S. Industry standard)
    This port it connected to the grandstream gwv-4108 port 1.
    This port properly rings in the 3CX system and is answered by the Digital receptionist.
    If they select option 1 (tool department), I need to send it back into the NEC to NEC ext 230.

On my previous attendant NCH IVR this was done by sending a hook flash, pause, send ext number, hang up.
    This would cause the NEC system to do a blind transfer of the line to the new ext.

However I can find no way to send the command back out to gateway like I previously did with the Tapi modem or the Dialogic card.
    I can't imagine that this would not be available so I am guessing I have just missed the method in the manual.

John

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It may be possible, but perhaps not with the type of equipment you are using. Passing a "flash" from a VoIP phone out on an FXO port is sort of standard, however you are trying to pass it from a VoIP phone to the 3CX and then have the 3CX pass it out on a trunk. It's probably not going to work as there isn't normally a lot of call to do a flash on a trunk out of a PBX. Most PBXs don't go into another PBX that will handle a flash.

5. JVH

JVH

Hi,
    Sorry I am probably not being clear with my explanation. I am also probably missing something very basic.

POTS line 1 ---> [NEC CO port 1 > NEC IS Port 50] ---> Grandstream GXW4108 port 1 ---> 3CX gateway virtual ext 10000

3CX gateway ext 10000 (send hook flash/transfer ext number) ---> GXW4108 port 1-----> NEC transfers call to diff NEC ext.

This works with my Dialogic card and both Voiceguide and NCH IVR. But I can't find the place to send the hook flash command in 3cx.

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

What I'm saying is that sending a flash out on a trunk from a PBX is not a normally requested feature as a PBX usually doesn't trunk to a line coming from another PBX that would be looking for a flash. For that reason i would not expect this to work. The ATA may very well be capable of sending the flash. I could be wrong, but it's requirement would be VERY limited and probably not worth implementing. You will have to hope that one of the developers can elaborate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.