Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Blind Transfers

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by OniEclipse, Aug 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OniEclipse

Hi, all.

Just got a copy of 3cx installed on one of our servers and set it up and everything pretty much works without a hitch Except for one thing; blind transfers.

Basically, attended transfer works fine but the moment we try to do a blind transfer, it either cuts the call off or goes to the voicemail of the extension # we're trying to transfer to.

We've tried and tried to figure this out and played around with numerous settings on both 3cx itself and each individual phone. But, alas, we've had no joy.

So now I'm turning to you, the community! Help!

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: By the way, we're using a mixture of Polycom IP601s and Linksys SPA942s and 962s.

2. alexmallia

alexmallia New Member
    3CX Support

When does the call get cut off or transferd to voice mail? When you dial the extension or when he picks up?

Have you tried to use the 3CX client? try to do it from the 3cx client to another 3cx client and see if the same thing happens.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. galal202

galal202 New Member

Hi,
    transfer depending on your device not 3cx
    I think also on linksys spa942 you have to wait until other party answer to complete the transfer

4. amygoda

amygoda Member

HELLO,
    LINKSYS SPA942 HAS ONE BUTTON FOR TRANSFER
    FIRST PUSH TRANSFER
    2 EXTENSION NUMBER
    WAIT UNTIL ANSOER
    PUSH TRANSFER AGAIN

5. amygoda

amygoda Member

yes it is , the difference is press xfer at the ring

if he press xfer before ring or answer the call disconnect

6. OniEclipse

Hi all.

Thanks for the replies. Sorry for my late comeback but I've been a little bogged down! Anyway, we think it may be a problem with the 942s. We're going to do a couple of tests using JUST the Polycoms. We tested using the 962s and it seemed to work without a hitch.

It seems that where the 942 is the end product, the blind transfer fails. Just updated the firmware and it still doesn't work. Time to test the Polycoms!

7. Resolve

We've found the 942/941 a bit odd with blind transfers. What we didn't realise at first (and you may do - so apologies if this is useless information) is that to do a blind transfer is clunky in that:-

a - answer call
    b - use menu-right arrow to ensure "bxfer" is highlighted - press this
    c - dial ext etc

If you try to use the standard xfer button to blind tranfer you will never succeed. The annoying thing for us was that we couldn't reprogram the phone so that you didn't need the right-menu key. The office that were using the Linksys phones never really wanted to do a standard xfer - bxfer was their default option...

Tim

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. OniEclipse

Thanks for that, that works great. Still seem to have a problem with the Polycoms at the moment. Will test further. Don't suppose there is a similar problem with the Polycoms? As in, a separate blind xfer button or some such.

9. Resolve

Sorry, can't help with that :cry: NEver actually used a Polycom phone......

Anyone else ?

10. Resolve

Have to agree about the Snom - the 320 is our weapon of choice though we have got a bit of a weird issue at the moment.
    Ring group with 3 snoms in it and 1 snom outside the group. Dialling *20* to pick-up works ok but then the subsequent transfer....doesn't !
    We're going to have a look at "supports re-invite" and "replaces" on William's advice. This is the first bit of "strangeness" we've had with a Snom yet.

We've had a lot of reports about quiet audio on the 941/2 as well - it seems *very* sensitive to mouthpiece position.

Tim

11. Resolve

Yes it does.....(just checked).

Only seems to be a problem on *20* pickups. The guys at 3cx can't reproduce it :-(

Don't suppose you'd like to sanity check this for me ?

Tim

12. Resolve

Thanks Matt....

Not sure whether to :) or :( :?:

I wonder if I'm actually not transferring properly ? Bit weird if it all works when I don't use *20* !

Oh well.....

Tim

13. FoxhallVoIP

Late in the game sorry - but - could it be an obvious thing? ... The SPA9xx phones may need to be enabled to do Blind Transfer on each Extension page [Call Feature Settings > Blind Atten-Xfer Enable = yes]. This setting is default = no.

I'm new to 3CX but I know that this is the case for hosted SIP ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.