Block calls to paging groups & intercom from certain extns?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by pjr, Oct 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pjr

pjr New Member

Is it possible in 3CX to block some extensions from being able to utilise the intercom and paging features?

I can envisage a situation where we wish to allow calling paging ring groups from the reception phone only. For example to prevent maliscious/accidental use.

Also, it would be useful to be able to block the ability for some users to use the intercom feature, or reverse it so that we can block certain extensions from being able to be called via an intercom call. The example I am thinking of is, being able to prevent all but senior staff from being able to make intercom calls. Also it would be good to disable the ability for the CEO's phone to take intercom calls.

I'm sure some of this would be possible through manually amendending individual phone config templates (we use Polycoms), but it would be great if some of this was centrally configurable.

Forgive me if this is already in the product but I couldnt see anywhere where it can be configured?

Thanks

Paul

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

I think this needs to be part of a larger permissions system that should be developed. Its a little too much free-for-all at the moment.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.