Solved Block Certain Numbers

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Schrodz, Nov 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schrodz

Hi,

Is it possible to block certain internal numbers from calling an internal extension.

Our CEO only want to take calls from his PA. When people call him, then it goes directly to his PA. Then if it is important, then she can forward the call to him

This possible?

It was on our MITEL system

Kind Regards,

Daniel Schroeder

2. eddv123

eddv123 Active Member

Hi Schrodz,

I think you would need to do some testing using Forwarding rules & Exceptions:
    https://www.3cx.com/user-manual/forwarding/#h.ih9zq9nfqkd0

It may give you the desired behavior, as exceptions can have calls from particular numbers treated differently to others (I have only done this with DDI's however and not local extensions).

The other thing you could do is change your CEO's extension number (so it is not commonly known) and then use the "Do not show extension in 3CX company phonebook" and if necessary disable "Show presence to group members" for them if they are a member of any extension groups - this way they cannot be seen and thus called.

3. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Schrodz

You can also do this by adding exceptions in the 'Available; forwarding rule of the extension of the CEO. You will need to add an exception for all the ranges of your extensions excluding the one of the PA and forward to the extension of the PA.

For example consider the following scenario:

You have the following extensions: 100-400
    CEO Extension is 150
    PA Extension is 230

You need to go to Management Console>Extensions>CEO Extension>Edit>Forwarding Rules. Here in the 'Available' Status go down to Exceptions and click on "Add Rule".
    On the "Calls From Caller ID" field (for the above scenario) you will need to enter 100-149,151-229,231-400 (Basically all the extensions except of the CEO's and the PA's extensions)
    On the "Received During" drop down select "All Hours"
    And on the "Forward To" drop down select "Forward to extension" and select the extension of the PA. In this example 230

With the above way, if any extension calls the CEO on 150(except the PA) will be transferred to 230 which is the PA. The PA then can transfer the call to the CEO if necessary

apostolis_3CX and eddv123 like this.
  4. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Just a clarification. With the above way, if the PA wants to transfer a call to the CEO, only with an attended transfer it can be achieved. A blind transfer will not work.

5. Schrodz

Hi Marios,

I did what you said... before I read your response! Thank you for the clarification on this. I don't know how, but mark this as "Solved"

6. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad to hear the issue is resolved

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.