Block incoming call by caller ID

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tdy, Jun 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tdy

tdy

Hello all,
    Iam using IP Polcom phones, Grandstream GXW 4008 gateway for all analog phones, and VOIP provider ViaTalk.
    Really new to this whole telephony stuff,but everything is working. :)
    What i was wondering is how to block certain incoming calls from "outside" world, by the caller ID. Is there a global setting for this? so it would apply to all extensions?
    Troy

2. dab

dab

IMHO there is no global setting, you can just specify it per extension, with max of 15/extension.
    I've you to block only a few CID, you possible can direct edit it in the database for each extension.
    But this will not be supported by 3CX, but possible will be a reasonable fix for you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi,

V9 actually does have this feature implemented, altough it is in beta stage, you should upgrade to it if you really need it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. tdy

tdy

Ok, i might do that. Do you have a link to download the V9?

5. mfm

mfm Active Member

6. wzaatar

On V8, You can also consider using the 'trick' of a forward to an always-unregistered extension and use incoming rules filtering by CallerID.

Let me know if you want help setting this up.

7. tdy

tdy

Hmmm... thats interesting, does this work with the free 3CX?
    Troy

8. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi,

That workaround would work with the free edition as those specific parts of the extensions are not disabled.

9. wzaatar

Yes,

Works like a charm. ;-)

W.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.