Block incoming call per country

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by eddy_tps, Apr 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eddy_tps

Hi,

Does anybody know how to block a whole country from calling in? Would for instance 0044* block the whole uk? or **44? What would be the correct syntax?

Thank you in advance

Ed

2. saqqara16

In version 15, settings - > Security Settings - > Allowed Countries

3. Taff3333

This will block outbound calls to countries

Could set up an inbound rule - Add CID rule - under caller ID have 0044* then change the routing to end the call.

This should work but if the caller uses 01* (in the UK) this will pass through the CID rule.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm not certain as to why you want to block the calls. Is this a cost concern? Keep in mind that in most cases "blocking" really only means ignoring. Unless you can have your provider reject the call(s), you may still pay something for it. You might want to confirm this with them.

5. RodSlinger

I would like to see it for extra security on the backside. If we have no employees outside the US or any that would even be traveling outside the US then I would like the ability to refuse connections of any type from foreign IP ranges. My current firewall can't do this but am looking into it for a replacement.

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

That's not blocking incoming calls, it is blocking registration attempts, or perhaps direct SIP calls. In those cases you are blocking IPs or ranges. This becomes tricky as you may not have the complete range of IPs for every country you wish to block, and it could be a lot. It is also something best handled by a firewall or router. It may be best to "whitelist" some IPs , blocking all others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.