Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Block outbound calls outside office hours

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Cody Fontaine, Feb 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cody Fontaine

I have checked the "Block outbound calls outside office hours" option at the extension level and it does not seem to be working.

I have global office hours set.

3cx Pro 15.5

Yealink t21 e2 phone

2. Marari

Marari New Member

Cody, when you say "Global office hours" set, do you mean settings/time zone/office hours? Or do you mean the custom hours setup in the sip trunk?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Cody Fontaine

settings/time zone/office hours

4. Marari

Marari New Member

Hate to ask the obvious but 30 years in IT support and services makes me do it ...

Is the proper time zone set?

If so, thank you for checking. Please go into the SIP Trunk settings and under the general tab at the bottom, check the box "Set up Specific Office Hours for this trunk"

Define the hours in the sip trunk and see if that fixes your problem.

Please let me know.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Cody Fontaine

Trust me no offense taken. I've only worked in IT support for 7 years and its the obvious questions that I find are usually the answers. However, in this case I do have the right time zone set and I will try setting the hours on the trunk level.

6. Cody Fontaine

Set hours at truck level. No change.

7. Marari

Marari New Member

I wanted to wait until after hours to try it on mine as well. Not sure if a restart is necessary, but it seems to ignore the global times for me as well. Might have to get 3CX to look at this.

8. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Cody Fontaine & @Marari

Let me clarify how this option works, just in case that this is the issue here

Below is a screenshot of the Restrictions in the Extension Settings. Notice that there are two options regarding outbound calls. The "Block Outbound calls outside of Office Hours" and the "Disable External Calls".

upload_2018-2-28_11-20-25.png

The option that actually blocks the outbound calls is the "Disable External Calls". The option to "Block Outbound calls outside of Office Hours" is merely a trigger to enable the option "Disable External Calls" when the PBX shifts into out of office hours. If this is enabled, then coming back to the extension settings after working hours, you'll see that "Disable external Calls" will be enabled too. And disabled when back in office hours.

Now the issue here, i believe is because you are enabling the option "Block Outbound calls outside of Office Hours" while in out of office hours. If this is the case, then you'll see the effect of this the next day. This is because, this option will be triggered when the PBX shifts from in office to out of office hours.

Let's say for example that your working hours are 8am-5pm.
    If you enable this option at 4pm then at 5pm you'll see that the block external calls will be enabled.
    If however, you enable this option at 6pm, then you won't see any change. That's because the trigger would occur at 5pm which has passed. Next day at 5pm though, it will be triggered.

So if you want this to work from now, you'll need to also enable the option to block external calls and it will be automatically disabled the next day when the PBX is back to in office hours

9. apostolis_3CX

apostolis_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Adding to what marios has already said, I tried replicating the issue but for me the block is applied but only after i restarted 3CX services. Once the services are restarted the extension is not able to make outbound calls and if you enter extension's settings the option "Disable External Calls" will be also auto selected.

10. Cody Fontaine

Which office settings does it follow? Global, Trunk, or Extension?

11. Marari

Marari New Member

Global.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.