Block Paging Ring Group from external call

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jbryant84, Sep 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbryant84

jbryant84 New Member

How can we make it so paging groups aren't accessible from an external call? I don't see a setting for this anywhere in the system. I can create a intermediate dummy extension and set the forwarding rules such that external calls end and internal calls will forward to the paging group, but that seems like a lot of work for something that should be a check box.

2. AndreasPo_3CX

AndreasPo_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @jbryant84 ,

How are external calls going to paging groups at the moment? Do you have an inbound rule that routes to a paging group? Or through an IVR option?
    The reason I am asking is because in order for paging groups(or any other extension for that matter) to get calls from external numbers, this has to be configured to do so, it is not going to be working like that out of the box.

3. jbryant84

jbryant84 New Member

Dialing the system extension for paging group at an ivr will connects the external call to paging. It's not very hard to figure out a paging group because they're displayed on the phone screen when used.

4. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

you can alter the IVR grammer (which disables the direct dialling however for all IVRs)

Support would do this change for you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    AndreasPo_3CX likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.