Block user to use the 3CX phone on the smartphone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by aditel, Jun 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aditel

I want to have the ability to block a user from access to the 3CX phone from his smartphone. So that they "only" can use the softphone on their PC/Mac? Or just to block it when not in a trusted (defined) WiFi network.

2. PaulD

I'm pretty sure that you can get some way towards this by ticking 'Block Remote Tunnel Connections' on the Options tab. If I'm right, that should allow use of the smartphone app over your on-prem Wi-Fi, but not off-prem Wi-Fi or 3G.

Worth a try ......

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

In that extensions settings...
    under the Options tab,make sure there is a check mark beside "Disallow use of extension outside the LAN", which is normally a default setting.

If some of the devices, the extension operates on require the tunnel (which implies they are remote), then you can't block only some devices, while giving others access. If the tunnel isn't used at all, then under the 3CXPhone tab, don't check "Use 3CX Tunnel for remote connections", again, a default setting.

This would limit the use of the extension, on all devices, to the local LAN.

4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I agree with the above, if the purpose is to to block people from registering to an extension from a Remote Location, then in the Extension setting on you can use the options suggested above.

If you don't want people registering from untrusted networks or only allow connections from certain external IPs, you can easily do this at the firewall level.

Given the above I am moving this topic back to "3CX Phone System - General" for now. If it is warranted though, it can always be moved back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.