Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Blocking Caller ID

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Roshen, Jul 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roshen

Hi i need to block the caller ID on outbound calls.
    This is to prevent callers from calling us directly (as they should go through their own IVR first)
    Is there something in the 3cx system that needs to be set to block the number, or is this done from the providers end?

We connect to a SIP trunk.
    I can change the caller ID to be anything within out number range, but the call is rejected by the provider if th "from" field is an invalid number or the is left black.

any suggestions someone can share?

2. ec268

In my country, PSTN providers allow to dial out with a prefix to disable the called id, or to inform them for permanent disable. You may check with your provider.

3. Wardy

Wardy New Member

In the UK if you prefix your outgoing number with 141 (on BT lines) this will block your number.

You can do this by adding 141 to an outbound rule using the preend function.

4. houston

If you can't block caller ID through some means, why not buy an extra DID, have it route to a looping IVR message that says something to the effect of "This number does not accept incoming calls. Please call bla bla bla". Set all of your outgoing CallerID to that and you might as well have blocked it.

Or, if you just want to be rude, record some horrible irritating sounds, so the number seems out of service entirely :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.