Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Blocking calls from anonymous callers

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by neville, Dec 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neville

neville New Member

The marketing calls are driving me crazy. Is there a way to drop/block calls from callers with anonymous, blocked, etc. caller id?

Any other suggestions. As most of these callers switch number with each call, it is hard to block by number.

Chuck

2. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I find that, at least in North America, telemarketers are on to that, they know that most people will not answer. I rarely see a blocked number. These days they can spoof any number they want. In many cases they will send a toll free number, or even a number with the same areacode and prefix as you, in the hopes you think is is someone local, and answer.

#3 leejor, Dec 23, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
    viraltechnology and accentlogic like this.
  4. viraltechnology

I agree, I receive a ton of calls that spread to come from a local area code. I then just block that call by adding them to the block list.

5. 3CXDude

3CXDude New Member

We don't use blacklists anymore.

I setup a queue with dummy extension in it and max wait time of 5 hours (18000 sec) and use CID rules to route their CLIs to it. You can usually see a pattern in the CLIs and can then use wildcards where suitable.

It gives a little pleasure to see them stuck in a Q for 5 minutes before hanging up. You can even report on it :)

Within 3 months or so, we went from daily calls to near 0 and I consider that a WIN :D

P.S. be sure to use some sort of depressing music for that Q too

apostolis_3CX and sip.bg like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.