• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Blocking Out Communication Between Groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exchange

Customer
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 3CX server that I would like to use for multiple customers. Since they are different companies I need the server to block off communication between them. I don't want group 1 with extensions in the 100s to be able to call any extensions in the 200s in group 2.

Anyway I can make this work?

Thank you,

You also have to recognize that the global on-hold music will be shared, as well as the company directory, and operator extension. Without some 3rd party customization, this is not really an ideal solution. There are ways that we could address these limitations through custom programming, but it would probably be cheaper / better to just buy separate 3CX licenses. But if you are committed to that course, we can help with the custom modifications needed.

Thank you so much I got my answer from the second link, for anyone else who needs to know how to do this:

"Imagine the two groups of extension have numbers between 100-199 and 200-299 correspondingly.
This means extensions 100, 101, ..., should not be called from extensions 200, 201, ..., and vice-versa, if I understood correctly your requirement.

For the purpose edit extension 100, go to Forwarding tab, scroll down to Exceptions and Add rule like: calls from 200-299, all hours, action: End call. You can select and edit multiple extensions at the same time, i.e. all between 100 and 199 and forbid calls from 200-299 for all of them simultaneously."

It would be nice for 3CX Devs to make this more convenient Group in the Group options. Like a menu that for each group where we can check on and off what groups it can or cannot make calls to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.