• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Blocking Outbound Caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

uptech

Reaction score
I'm trying to block outbound caller ID. The "Outbound Caller ID" field for the extension doesn't seem to work all the time. Some phone systems that I call do not allow the call to go through, I'm guessing because they don't like caller ID spoofing.

So, instead, I'm trying to send a *67 to block caller ID prior to entering the destination number. When I dial 9 to access an outside line, the system converts my *67 to .67, which my telco doesn't accept.

I dial: 9*67xxxxxxxxxxx
I get an outbound call to: .67xxxxxxxxxxx

Any idea how to tell 3cx not to convert that * to a period? If not, any better ways to block outbound caller ID than spoofing the caller ID?

We're on version 8, passing outbound calls through a patton to a t1 line.

One thing you might try, haven't done it myself...with rotary phones in North America, the digits 11 were the substitute for the asterisk (*). Try sending 1167 before the number, see if that works for you.

Hi,

Cant you simply crete an outbound rule that automatically prepends the number, instead of dialing it automatically..

Wow, the 1167 worked! I had to append a couple pauses afterwards (commas), and it worked like a charm! Thanks leejor!

mfm, I was trying that but for some reason the *67 wasn't working. I now know that the reason was that the phone system wasn't interpreting the * correctly. Now I have 1167,,, prepended onto my outbound calls and caller ID is blocked perfectly!

Thanks for everyone's help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.