Blocking transfer to an extension

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by isma, Apr 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. isma

HI everyone,

I want to know if in 3CX V11 there is a way for blocking transfers to a specific extension.

One of my clients as an intercom system and he doesn't want his employees to be able to transfer a call to the intercom by error and asked me to block that.

Thank you

Francois

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

depending on the phone, you might be able to turn on Intercom mute, or disable intercom all together.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. isma

The thing is that he needs his employees to call people in the shop.

He's afraid that an employee will transfer by error a caller to the intercom.
    (he actually did it once, he told me everyone in the shop heard the client for 10 minutes before they hanged up)

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

In theory, transfer to the intercom (or any other number that is not a valid extension, or forward, where the call can be answered) should be prevented by default.

5. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

yes - I see I misread it now.
    leejor - an intercom is a valid extension, is it not?
    I can transfer a call to a Ring Group which is assigned as Paging Extension

Is the intercom, perhaps, multicast capable?
    If so, and if the phones can be setup with a multicast button, do it that way.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Yes, I suppose it would all depend on how you have your paging set-up. If it uses an ATA connected to an amplifier, then yes, it could be an extension number. I could still see a need, for a feature allowing that number to be blocked for transfers. Doing a blind transfer to it, in error, could cause all sorts of embarrassment. Perhaps a block of numbers that can be dialled, but not transferred to. They could then be used for any purpose where transfer is not desired. Like 890 to 899 for example.

I'm wondering if the paging call could be sent out of 3CX as an external call, then back in again, would work. It could still be dialled but could be locked as a transfer. I could try to find the method (post) of routing that sort of call. Not positive it would work, but with some experimentation....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.