Blocks of DID's

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by business54, Nov 18, 2016.

Blocks of DID's 5 5 9votes
5/5, 9 votes

1. business54

How is there not a way of adding a block of DID's to SIP trunks? Do I really have to add each DID one at a time?

2. AndyBarr

This is really infuriating - I am now entering 200 DID manually and having to scroll to the top and click on ADD DID each time!!

3. red45

Agreed, kind of crazy, simple oversight.

4. the60

the60 New Member

use the "import inbound rules" - this will create dids in the trunks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. red45

Yes, we saw that. But then don't you need to then go back and delete all the rules if you don't want to assign them yet? Still seems a bit clunky.

6. wizdude

importing the DID's from a file is hardly a solution. i still need to generate a list of all of them to start with.

all of the PBX's I currently work with have numbers assigned in 100 DID blocks. I would have thought that an obvious feature would be to permit entry of DID in a range.

ie: add DID as: 0395551200-0395551299

or even to permit an "X" as a wildcard would be fine,

ie: add DID as: 03955512XX

i've read through all the docs I can find - if this feature exists then i'd love to know about it. while i've been using other IPTEL phone systems and PBX's for many years, i'm playing with 3CX for the first time.

after i've had more of a play, i might put together a feature request list and submit it.

if anyone else has any good ideas for mass addition of number blocks please let me know :)

cheers, wizdude.

7. mcsantoso

I believe previous versions you could add blocks of DIDs like that and V15 that feature is taken out apparently. This feature needs to be added back in.

8. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Import works great and allows much greater flexibility as it can setup the destinations as well.
    Just export your current DID list and see.
    (Excel: Cell A2 formula '=A1+1' works great for sequential DID's)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...