• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Implemented Bluetooth compatibility for 3CXphone on Android and iOS to connect to car phone

actbig

Reaction score
Excample:
I go out of the office with my smartphone and the 3CXphone App on the device. I get into my car and now it would be nice when i can connect via bluetooth to my car so I can answer calls or speak over the car phone.

Upvote 14
That might be a function of your device, All of my Android devices have functioned in the way you are asking for. The device understands that the 3CX App is a Dialer and routes inbound/outbound audio to and from Bluetooth. I have tested this with an LGG2, LGG3, Samsung Note 4 and with Mazda Bluetooth, Hundyai Bluetooth and Parrot Bluetooth. What devices are you working with?

Sony Xperia Z5 compact -> connect via bluetooth to Audi A4 Avant

This already works, i use it everyday

you're right, the functionality to speak over bluetooth is working. Outgoing calls are fine! However, the following does not work. If a call comes in, it is not possible to answer the call over the steering wheel. If I answer the call over the phone I hear the called person over the car speaker and in addition also a ring tone for about 5 seconds.

Hi there, OK lets us do some more testing on this with that particular phone. if you by any chance have an iOS or other android, can you check with that also to see if its the car connection?

I will test on a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini and a iOS device. I will post the results.

Excample:
I go out of the office with my smartphone and the 3CXphone App on the device. I get into my car and now it would be nice when i can connect via bluetooth to my car so I can answer calls or speak over the car phone.

I have the same problem. Call control doesn't work whit my Samsung and the parrot in my car.

I can add my experience to this list. The incoming call is recognised, A2DP music is muted, the car radio display shows "Answer incoming call from <name>?". If I press the answer button on the steering wheel, the phone keeps ringing. Even after the caller gives up, A2DP remains muted.

Moto G5 with Android 7.0, 3CX 15.1.41, Citroen C3 2012 model. The same phone works just fine with the car when receiving GSM calls.

Also, transferring an in-progress 3CX call to a headset doesn't seem to work. Again, Android's built-in GSM client does that just fine.

I could not find an option to connect 3CX to the Android dialer app, that would address a lot of issues.

I can confirm this. Tested with a Nexus 6P and iPhone 7 in BMW (iDrive CIC and NBT versions), Porsche (PCM 3.1) and latest Mercedes S class. You can't accept a call with the build in car kit. You have to pick up the call on the phone and then you can talk over the carkit. You can't hangup the call either. I did the same test with a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge in the Mercedes S. Same result, no call pickup. All phones on the latest available firmware version.

And to make things worse, it's not limited to cars. I tested it with my Plantronics 520 headset connected to my Nexus 6P. This headset works fine with normal phone calls. You just pick up the call by pushing the button of the headset.
But not with the 3CX client...

Answer from support: please note that from our side no support can be offered for 3rd party devices.

Sorry, but if you support Bluetooth, picking up a call on a car kit or BT headset is basic functionality for me. I want to call handsfree in my car, not grabbing my phone when driving to pickup a 3CX call.

Best,

Jos

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback all.

We are aware of this issue in R&D. The ability to actually answer/drop calls using the button on your bluetooth device has actually never existed for the Android version of 3CX. It's very normal to want this basic bluetooth functionality and so we're working on getting this out to you guys as soon as possible. It could become available in the next few versions of the Android app.

Last edited:
I find the 3CXPhone tends to not work well with Bluetooth headset on my Samsung S7. Sometimes call will not turn off the music on answering, sometimes it will go to headset but earpiece other times, sometimes after call the headset music routes to speakers instead of headset. All these issues occur only when using 3CXPhone - they never occur at any other time.

I find the 3CXPhone tends to not work well with Bluetooth headset on my Samsung S7. Sometimes call will not turn off the music on answering, sometimes it will go to headset but earpiece other times, sometimes after call the headset music routes to speakers instead of headset. All these issues occur only when using 3CXPhone - they never occur at any other time.

We are not aware of such problems. If you wish to provide feedback on this, please open a thread on the appropriate forum with the relevant details.

I have the same problems with Samsung s7 and volkVolksw caddy radio

Hi there,

yes i confirm this with my Huawei P10.
Let´s see here:
https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/3cx-phone-pickup-call-on-hands-free-in-car.54240/

The music stops that´s all what is going on when a call coming in.

Answering using the bluetooth's button is not supported by 3CX and most other applications out there (Skype, Viber, What'sApp, Facebook). Android 8.0 and above has started supporting these functions, once this version of Android is more prevalent 3CX will also implement this functionality.

Hi Leonid,

thanks for lettin us know about it.
Yes i prefer to answer 3CXApp Calls in my car.

Bye
Timm

We installed the 3CX system throughout our company and we are having the same issue. When connected to Bluetooth in the car we can make call just fine. Answering calls is a difference story. The phone rings, the music goes off but when answered its just silence. We have tested this on multiple phones/autos. Is there a way to turn off the simultaneous ring on the phone app until this gets resolved

with iOS it is working.
it should work also with android....

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmirLD
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.