Bluetooth headset issue

Discussion in 'Windows' started by gary2seven, Dec 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gary2seven

We have a new install with a mix of WiFi phones, desk phones and 3CX SoftPhones.

All are working well and have good sound quality except the 3CX SoftPhones. These are ok (but as good as the phones) with a wired headset, but if we use bluetooth headsets we get terrible feedback and echo.

We have 3 different headsets on 3 different laptops (1 XP, 1 Vista and 1 Windows 7) all are running version 4.9759 of the SoftPhone which I believe is the latest version. The headsets are all high quality Plantronics Voyagers with noise reduction and 2 of the laptops have upgraded bluetooth dongles.

Has anyone else experienced this? is it a Windows, SoftPhone or a Bluetooth issue?

Gary.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I've used several different makes of BT headsets with a Netbook and a laptop with no issues. Is the audio still coming though the speakers as well? The only reason you would get feedback is if the audio were "leaking" back into the mic.

3. jurickk

Bluetooth and wifi are known to occasionally interfere with each other since they are both in the 2.4 ghz spectrum, you could try switching your wireless network to an 802.11a network which is in the 5 ghz area and you might see these issues clear up

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I could understand WiFi , perhaps, causing some clicking or occasional noise, but not echo or feedback. It's pretty robust and designed to work around other devices using a frequency in the same range. I have used bluetooth within a few metres of three routers (channels 1,6 & 11) with no issues whatsoever. I have heard occasional noise on a 2.4Ghz cordless phone but nothing worth ending a conversation over.

5. pdq

pdq

Which version of the Pantronics Voyagers?

What Buetooth Donlges are you using?

6. guaranteedpcfixc

NoonononOnooononOnononononono
    I have done years of trial and error with this. I have spent thousands on BT headsets.

This software, http://www.plantronics.com/cgi-bin/download.cgi?type=software&path=&ID=personocall_consumer_setup.exe

Plus this hardware, http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&q=bua-100+plantronics&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=11286075626894419540&ei=sDzFSrGUCJWwNsbgrfMH&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=4&ved=0CBYQ8wIwAw#ps-sellers

plus any damn BT headset you like works just fine. hang up and answer with button on headset.

I personally recommend the JAWBONE dot COM for the best quality sound plus you can work in a noisy environment and have calls like you are in a private office.

This set up with the jawbone is BETTER than any hard or soft phone on the market today. I have been to my frieds VOIP shop. Tested. I have talked to people with VOIP on their end both softphone and hard phone.
    The bottom line is, with the jawbone and the above two links, no matter if you are in a call room environment with hundreds of people talking around you, you sound like you are in an office with the door closed.

7. pdq

pdq

This software version is dated May 2008. Des it work with Win 7 x64?

We will order the BUA-100 and give it a shot.

Thanks,

8. freall

@pdq: Could you provide some feedback on your attempt with the BUA-100 dongles?
    Did it work properly?

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.