Bluetooth headset with Cisco SPA525g2

Discussion in 'Windows' started by albertc, Mar 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. albertc

Anyone have a recommendation on which bluetooth headset to use with the Cisco SPA525g2? I have try the plantronics voyager pro + and Jawbone era. Although they work very well with my iPhone, they sound pretty bad at the far end when I use them with my Cisco. Any suggestion? I really want to have a wireless headset that is decent if not great in terms of sound quality with my Cisco without spending a lot of money. Thanks.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It sounds as if the common denominator causing the "bad" audio , might be the Cisco set. If a blue-tooth headset, especially a brand name, sounds good with one device, it sort of tells you that the electronics, mic, etc. are performing the way they should. Functions, such as the answer/disconnect button, working with your device, are another matter.

3. albertc

Yea, I kind of figured it is the Cisco set that is having the qualtiy issue. The build quality for the spa525g2 is not really good afterall. My only other option is to use one of those expensive wireless headset from Plantronic which required a seprate station to connect to the phone headset jack but that will take up some real estate out of my already crowed desk. :(

4. efounco

efounco New Member

Yeah, I didn't have much luck with the BT on that phone either. I purchased a single 525 for BT but ended up using a Jabra headset/lifter instead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.