Bogen + SPA112 with 3CX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Martin.AIR, Jan 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Martin.AIR

Hello,
    I have used Cisco SPA112's in the past, both for fax machines and for legacy phones. However, I have never used one to interface with a Bogen / Overhead speakers.

I'm looking at an exisiting setup that has a SPA1001 and a Bogen UTI1 with some other provider / phone system. You dial the ext that is registered to the ATA, the speakers go ding, and you can talk.

So I registered a SPA112, removed the SPA1001, and plugged in the SPA112. You dial the extension, the speakers go ding as expected, the bogen activates as expected... and no sound comes out. Strange.

I would kill to get into the SPA1001 and see the settings they have there, but alas - no chance of getting that password.

Has anyone setup a SPA112 with a Bogen and knows what setting / settings I am missing that is preventing audio from passing through?

Many thanks!

EDIT: 3CX and the ATA are local to each other. Calls to other devices using paging works as expected. Firewall checker passes. Everything else is working as expected.

#1 Martin.AIR, Jan 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  2. Brad Cann

Brad Cann New Member

No audio or one way audio is almost always a NAT issue or maybe codec. Have you checked which codecs are enabled on both ends and make sure they match, maybe start @ 729 and work up from there.

3. Martin.AIR

Brad,
    Checked Codecs and everything works as expected.

It gets stranger. I have another ATA - identical model, firmware, and config except for actual account IDs - for FAX ATA. For fun I plugged it in to the Bogen, hit the fax extension, and everything works.

The Bogen is reporting no audio is received. Maybe a faulty ATA.

I deleted the ext and re-created it as a fax extension on the original ATA - still doesn't work. In fact, now the ATA doesn't answer at all. I'm at a total loss other than ATA issue - I'll get another and see if issue persists.

4. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

To have audio, extension should be set as regular. There is nothing special into configuration of SPA112 and it is very similar to SPA1001, you used to have. Connect a regular phone to SPA112 and test it -- everything should be working normally.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.