Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

"Boomerang" caller timeout! Where is this setting at now?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dx7, Dec 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dx7

dx7

Well, I'm aware this setting is not called boomerang anymore but a timeout setting is really needed. I've learn through an outdated post that there was such a setting where you could specify timeout in seconds for the PBX fetching. I am getting an answering machine on a cell phone and the prompt repeatedly asks the callee to press 1 for taking the call or pound to send to voice mail. Since the answering machine can't interact, the answering machine allows the PBS to repeatedly record the prompt over and over, until the PBX decides to timeout.

2. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Re: "Boomerang" caller timeout! Where is this setting at now

This option is now called Rebound.
    It can be found in your extension's forwarding settings.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dx7

dx7

Thanks Leonidas,

You are right, it is called rebound, but you can't configure how to make it timeout. You were able to do that with boomerang. As it is now rebound it will ask FOREVER to accept or to send a call to voice mail. Answering machines on a cell phone will take the call and then you have a very unintended thing: A machine talks to another machine endlessly until the answering machine on the cell phone times out and hangs up or until the maximum allowance time of rebound/boomerang times out.

If rebound tells that the phone was picked up it should only repeat TWICE the prompt (this should be programmable).

4. dx7

dx7

REBOUND: Searched the string. NOT IN THE MANUAL

And neither "rebound" nor "boomerang" are strings that can be searched in the manual.

5. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Try to open "custom parameters" page and type "BM" in the "filter" field...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. dx7

dx7

Thanks SY!

There it was! I wonder if anyone knows the reason why this is not in the manual.

If you knew where to find that I wonder if you know the answer to a very similar type of issue: http://www.3cx.com/forums/skype-gateway-imports-provisioning-settiings-can-t-export-18115.html

Is there such a thing as documentation on the Custom parameters that can be downloaded?
    Is there full documentation on the 3CX Skype gateway available anywhere?

3CX is pretty amazing, I feel like I was given a treasure but that I had to find it in a labyrinth.

7. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

All information is on http://www.3cx.com/blog/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.