Branch Office/Call diversion?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by adamsc75, May 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adamsc75

Hi,

We have two offices linked with a bridge, calls between the two are working very nicely, but I have a slight issue with the caller id. I need the extensions at each office to go out with their full DDI number in the caller ID, this is no problem and works fine. However, when they call an extension at the branch office it also goes through with their full caller ID and not their extension number. If I change their caller ID to their extension number then when calling the branch they have their extension number as their caller ID but when they call external they don't have their DDI as their caller ID....

SO I am happy to leave the full DDI as their caller ID, so that when they call the branch or external it goes out with the full number. BUT the problem now is that when someone at the branch gets a missed call, its the full number, when they dial back it makes an external call to the DDI. Is there anyway that I can setup some sort of call diversion at each branch so that if a user dials one of the DDI's of the OTHER branches extensions it simply dials the remote extension and still places the call through the tunnel? I want ALL inter office calls to go through the tunnel even if they are dialling the full number... OR some way to pass the extension number through the tunnel and the DDI when making external calls.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Cheers
    Adam

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If all else fails, you could create an outbound rule for each, full, number, that they are dialling,then strip off all but the needed extension portion and send that over the bridge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.