Branch Office - Presence not showing

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Colddevil, Jun 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Colddevil

I have a question about viewing the presence of users at various sites that are bridge connected. I have 4 3CX servers--all bridges are tunneled connections on port 5090, registered with one another, and can place calls between one another. All servers are running Abyss. However, I cannot view presence information on anybody outside of my branch. Am I missing something simple?

[​IMG]

Ports open on all of 4 locations:
    • 3478 TCP/UDP
      5000-5001 TCP
      5060-5061 TCP/UDP
      5090 TCP/UDP
      9000-90XX TCP/UDP

Windows Firewall has been disabled on all four servers while I try to sort this out.

I believe that I have all the presence information options selected correctly. This is how they look on all of them.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the users in the extension group are setup as
    [​IMG]

Am I missing something simple by chance? I cannot find any relevant settings in the 3CX desktop client--but I have no issue placing calls to the branches from it.

Thanks.

2. Colddevil

Well, interestingly enough, I found part of my issue. I was neglecting to put the port following the FQDN. I.e. http://address.com:5000

This momentarily fixed my issue, and all of the branch office presence information showed up. But it disappeared in about 20-30 seconds, and it will not come back.

This flashed for that time
    [​IMG]

Any idea why it would show and then disappear?

3. ucs1

Firstly you mention 4 sites.

I suggest we look at just one bridge and have a look at the configuration on each side. Is there any chance of posting the updated config from each side of the bridge (after you made the change to include port 5000 in the url)

In your original post you only show the master and not the slave.

Could you also advise on the installation on each side.
    IE:
    Site A: Win7, Single Instance - Abyss, Ports 5000/5001, 3CX Pro License
    Site B: Server 2012R2, Single Instance - IIS, Ports 80/443, 3CX Standard License

4. Colddevil

Certainly--I just wanted to show that the behavior was consistent throughout.

I am starting to believe that it is a networking issue as opposed to a 3cx configuration issue because if I restart the softphone on a client OR restart the services on a branch machine 3cx host, it will flash the presence information for < ~30 seconds.

Both the Master and Slave connection are running Abyss with ports 5000 and 5001 open. Same thing happens if I switch ports from 5000 to 5001--The presence shows for a few seconds, then it disappears.

The sites are connected by an IPSec VPN connection.

Master
    • Single Instance - Windows Server 2012 R2
      16SC Pro License
      Abyss 5000:5001

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Slave
    • Single Instance - Windows Server 2008 R2
      4SC Pro License
      Abyss 5000:5001

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. ucs1

Just out of interest:
    What happens when you use the IP address of the machine and not the FQDN? I trust that you have splitDNS configured correctly at both sites (or a centralized DHCP/DNS server) however if this isn't the case you can cause yourself NAT issues.

The ports also shouldn't need to be open to the web (for bridging services) if you are using an IPSEC tunnel

Lastly, in your extended presence screen I trust that you have enabled the applicable sites to show presence for (switchboard settings)

6. 12494

12494 Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Colddevil

Just to clarify, ucs1 used a standard license in his example of what I should report.

The two licenses I'm looking at now are a 16 SC Pro and 4 SC Pro. The other two are also Pro (8 and 32).

8. Colddevil

Using the IP addresses seem to have the same effect. Here's a short video of the behavior to help clarify (sped up at parts): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSO6yzudi9Q&feature=youtu.be

Obviously I'm not a networking expert--but I've gotten just about everything else working so far, and this has been my biggest hangup. I do not have a splitDNS setup. Our internal domain name is not the same as the external, so would that be necessary? I guess I need to do some reading.

9. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I didn't see this mentioned anywhere but from my experience one of the no1 reasons Presence does not work is A/V software. Have you tried disabling it if any?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.